Air Condiotioner starts and stops when starting truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I do not know much about AC but whenever I start my truck the AC blows good then stops then starts again. it will do this for about 1 minute or so then works good after that. Also to give you a little history on this issue. about 6 months or more ago when I started the truck it would do the same thing it does now but there was this grinding sound that would go when the AC would stop, it sounded like plastic gears grinding together. It does not make the grinding sound anymore but still starts and stops for a minute or so. Also I believe that when I change the direction from the face vents to the floor vents it does not change to the floor vent. Anyways any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading my long boring post

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Blend door. I've noticed even my 14 is a little odd sometimes. I think it defaults to the floor because I'll start the truck with the AC on and I can feel it blowing on my feet at first, and I have to swing the direction knob out and back to get it up to the top vents.

Since you had a grinding noise your blend door motor may be gone.

OP
OP
H

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks I will look into that. Hopefully it is something I can do myself.

OP
OP
H

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FIXED IT!!! It only cost $26 and 30 minutes of my time.