Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Tech Info

Tech Info

All lights on mod

This is a discussion on All lights on mod within the Tech Info forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Hi all! My names Matt, and I just joined. I don't have my truck yet but at years end when ...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 5.7
Default All lights on mod
Hi all! My names Matt, and I just joined. I don't have my truck yet but at years end when they have the year end clearance at ram dealers I will be purchasing a 2017 ram night edition. So I have been making a price/mod list of all my first mods so I know how much i will need when the time comes. I want HID headlights and fog lights. I don't want LED because I don't like their sloppy light output. As you know HIDs as fog lights is a bad idea because they switch on and off with the high beams and HID bulbs don't like that. I've searched everywhere for an all lights on mod tutorial for the truck, but I can't find anything. Anyone have a link for me on how to do it. Or does the trucks canbus system cause for some difficulty in doing it. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
mpress2570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum form LA (.Lower Alabama)

whetrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by whetrick1 View Post
Welcome to the forum form LA (.Lower Alabama)

Haha I like that. Thank you.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

On the lights mod you're going to to talk to some of these forum members that are go doing mods to help you out with that.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by whetrick1 View Post
On the lights mod you're going to to talk to some of these forum members that are go doing mods to help you out with that.

Yeah I am part of the charger forums (my current vehicle) and got some good stuff from those guys. Now that I'm switching to ram I'm doing all the research I can so I know everything I need to know or want to get for it or can do to it. So far I picked out my HIDs and ceramic coating and LED interior lights stubby antenna and so on. Found some good products already. Hopefully will have all of it before I even have the truck so I can put everything right now when I get it. I'm pretty excited. I was going to do a Daytona 392 but my better half decided to sell her jeep so we need a big vehicle. I feel like I've always wanted to have an excuse for a truck and now I have it. So charger RT out RAM sport in.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well good luck on the truck I think you'll enjoy it.

mpress2570 likes this.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Originally Posted by mpress2570 View Post
Hi all! My names Matt, and I just joined. I don't have my truck yet but at years end when they have the year end clearance at ram dealers I will be purchasing a 2017 ram night edition. So I have been making a price/mod list of all my first mods so I know how much i will need when the time comes. I want HID headlights and fog lights. I don't want LED because I don't like their sloppy light output. As you know HIDs as fog lights is a bad idea because they switch on and off with the high beams and HID bulbs don't like that. I've searched everywhere for an all lights on mod tutorial for the truck, but I can't find anything. Anyone have a link for me on how to do it. Or does the trucks canbus system cause for some difficulty in doing it. Thanks all

If you go to one of the vendors on here; RetroShop.us you can find an adapter that will allow you to keep your Fogs on with your high beams.

As for LED Bulbs being sloppy, here is my 2012 Ram with the Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Bulbs in the low beams of my "Quad Style" headlight housings:

As you can see, these LED Bulbs are NOT sloppy. They are actually WAY brighter and cleaner looking then the 6000k HID's I had in my 2006 Ram.

These LED Bulbs are no joke. They light up everything down the road. I can finally see stuff off to the sides of the road in the bushes and fields, I can see road signs 1/4 mile down the road and the best part is not 1 person has flashed me or complained about them yet.

The "cut off" for the bulbs is actually really nice for them being in a halogen lense and not a projector. In the 2 photos I posted of the lights against a wall the closer photo I was about 5 feet from the wall and the 2nd photo I was about 12-15 feet from the wall. In both photos the led bulbs have a nice clean cut off to them and like I said I don't even have projectors.

I know you said your more into HID's than LED's but I just wanted to show you that LED Bulbs arnt "sloppy" or crappy anymore. They are just as good, if not better than hid bulbs. No warm up times, no color changing, no ballasts, no error codes and the bulbs never have issues where sometimes they don't turn on.

Sent from hell via TapATalk
mpress2570 likes this.

12' RAM 1500 RCSB ST - K&N 63 Series - Flowmasters Dual Exhaust - Black Chrome Clads - Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau - Phillips CrystalVision 9145 Fogs - Clazzio Custom Black Leather - OEM 1500 Fender Flares - 20% Tint All Around + more...
OnSale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default All lights on mod
Originally Posted by OnSale View Post
If you go to one of the vendors on here; RetroShop.us you can find an adapter that will allow you to keep your Fogs on with your high beams.

As for LED Bulbs being sloppy, here is my 2012 Ram with the Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Bulbs in the low beams of my "Quad Style" headlight housings:

As you can see, these LED Bulbs are NOT sloppy. They are actually WAY brighter and cleaner looking then the 6000k HID's I had in my 2006 Ram.

These LED Bulbs are no joke. They light up everything down the road. I can finally see stuff off to the sides of the road in the bushes and fields, I can see road signs 1/4 mile down the road and the best part is not 1 person has flashed me or complained about them yet.

The "cut off" for the bulbs is actually really nice for them being in a halogen lense and not a projector. In the 2 photos I posted of the lights against a wall the closer photo I was about 5 feet from the wall and the 2nd photo I was about 12-15 feet from the wall. In both photos the led bulbs have a nice clean cut off to them and like I said I don't even have projectors.

I know you said your more into HID's than LED's but I just wanted to show you that LED Bulbs arnt "sloppy" or crappy anymore. They are just as good, if not better than hid bulbs. No warm up times, no color changing, no ballasts, no error codes and the bulbs never have issues where sometimes they don't turn on.

Oh wow that is really good!!! Wow. I want 6000k or 8000k colored low beams and 3000k fogs. After seeing how well yellow fogs work to cut through the fog I'm sold on them. Are there colored LED bulbs?

And just out of curiosity. If I chose to say run HID lows and LED fogs will the computer system throw an error from 2 different power outputs?

Old 01-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Originally Posted by mpress2570 View Post
Oh wow that is really good!!! Wow. I want 6000k or 8000k colored low beams and 3000k fogs. After seeing how well yellow fogs work to cut through the fog I'm sold on them. Are there colored LED bulbs?

And just out of curiosity. If I chose to say run HID lows and LED fogs will the computer system throw an error from 2 different power outputs?

I don't know about the hid's but I know with the led's they come with Drivers and capacitors for our Rams and you just plug them in and that's it. Nothing else to it. There are tons of members on these forums that run led bulbs in their fog lights and hid's in their headlights and I've never heard of them having any issues.

And yes they sell yellow led bulbs. You can choose your color Tempature just like you would with an hid.

mpress2570 likes this.

12' RAM 1500 RCSB ST - K&N 63 Series - Flowmasters Dual Exhaust - Black Chrome Clads - Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau - Phillips CrystalVision 9145 Fogs - Clazzio Custom Black Leather - OEM 1500 Fender Flares - 20% Tint All Around + more...
OnSale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Originally Posted by OnSale View Post
I don't know about the hid's but I know with the led's they come with Drivers and capacitors for our Rams and you just plug them in and that's it. Nothing else to it. There are tons of members on these forums that run led bulbs in their fog lights and hid's in their headlights and I've never heard of them having any issues.

And yes they sell yellow led bulbs. You can choose your color Tempature just like you would with an hid.

Your low beams look like my fogs lol. HIDs are the better bang for your buck IMO. Used both LEDs and HIDs

MODS: S&B CAI, Flowmaster 50, Resonators deleted with 5" MBRP Black tips, Katskins, 8.4 MOD, 2.5 TGC level with Zone Auto UCAs, Weathertechs, Sport Style projectors with drop in HIDs, Retro'd fogs with matchbox projectors, OEM LED tail smoked out......more to come
12sportmc is offline   Reply With Quote