Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Tech Info

Tech Info

All lights on mod

This is a discussion on All lights on mod within the Tech Info forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Don't be scared on the HID install. It really isn't hard if you read the directions and have some basic ...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Don't be scared on the HID install. It really isn't hard if you read the directions and have some basic electrical/mechanical skills. Slight advantage since I wire MV-22s for a living lol but still it's not that complex and the relay harness do not require splicing or hacking of wires. It's all very simple when you lay it out. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube for the installs. @OnSale is correct that the LED bulbs are easier to install on the quads but on the projectors will require you to cut the dust covers (most of them )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

MODS: S&B CAI, Flowmaster 50, Resonators deleted with 5" MBRP Black tips, Katskins, 8.4 MOD, Bilsteins @ 2.8 with TGC 1.5" rear spacers and Zone Auto UCAs, Fuel Vapors with 35" Nitto G2s, Weathertechs, Sport Style projectors with drop in HIDs, Retro'd fogs with matchbox projectors, OEM LED tail smoked out......more to come
12sportmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by 12sportmc View Post
Don't be scared on the HID install. It really isn't hard if you read the directions and have some basic electrical/mechanical skills. Slight advantage since I wire MV-22s for a living lol but still it's not that complex and the relay harness do not require splicing or hacking of wires. It's all very simple when you lay it out. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube for the installs. @OnSale is correct that the LED bulbs are easier to install on the quads but on the projectors will require you to cut the dust covers (most of them )

It's not the install I'm worried about, that's the easy part. It's what I need to buy. All the different options different cars need not to mention the canbus systems rams run off of. The first kit I bought for my charger was wrong. So they sent harnesses didn't fix then I found out about the canbus system on my car and finally got the right stuff

OnSale likes this.
mpress2570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

No bother man. That's what the forum is for. It will be easier for you to select all your options here: https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDet...4G%2E15%2EHIDs

Then you can either purchase from Jeremy or go back to the morimoto site.

Yeah that's what I'll have to do. I'll call when I'm buying and get talked through what to order.

12sportmc likes this.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Originally Posted by mpress2570 View Post
Yeah that's what I'll have to do. I'll call when I'm buying and get talked through what to order.

Jeremy is great to deal with. You'll be glad you went with him.

MODS: S&B CAI, Flowmaster 50, Resonators deleted with 5" MBRP Black tips, Katskins, 8.4 MOD, Bilsteins @ 2.8 with TGC 1.5" rear spacers and Zone Auto UCAs, Fuel Vapors with 35" Nitto G2s, Weathertechs, Sport Style projectors with drop in HIDs, Retro'd fogs with matchbox projectors, OEM LED tail smoked out......more to come
12sportmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

Good deal. I cannot wait to buy this truck. I just hope it's worth the wait waiting until years end instead of buying in the summer. I noticed this year rams were marked down by 10k dollars or even more. Even the 2017s are cheap but I won't be ready until summer and if they're not 10k off I'm waiting. Just look at these mark downs.

12sportmc likes this.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7L

You got that right... I ordered my custom Switchback quads from Jeremy at RetroShop and it was a great experience and the headlights are sick. I'm selling them now, but it's only because I want to go with a set of Black oem projectors.

Sent from hell via TapATalk
12sportmc likes this.

12' RAM 1500 RCSB ST - K&N 63 Series - Flowmasters Dual Exhaust - Black Chrome Clads - Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau - Phillips CrystalVision 9145 Fogs - Clazzio Custom Black Leather - OEM 1500 Fender Flares - 20% Tint All Around + more...
OnSale is offline   Reply With Quote