any1 have a slip feel on takeoff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a 2012 express with "LSD" i think and today it started sliping then catching on takeoff.
i havnt noticed it before so i am wondering if i should be worried about this.
it doesnt do it if u are moving, but only from a dead start.
also doesnt do it if u "granny" take off but it does do it under normal driving conditions

PLZ HELP

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
i would take it to the dealership and have them fix it...its gotta still be under warranty

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Under what I define as normal driving conditions does not involve my rear tires spinning, so my LSD does nothing. Are you sure the "slipping" you are referring to is LSD related?

Also,I like the take to dealer idea for warranty work lol.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
sure it just not the computers anti slip whateverness?

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's called the tires spinning then catching traction. Does the TC light flash on the dash? Or do you have it turned off?

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
I have an LSD. You can't tell it's there until you turn the Traction Contol off. I've had serveral situaltion, both mud and snow, where one wheel will simply spin. I find myself turning off the TC enough that I really question the effecitvness. As far as I'm concerned the Traction Control system is simply more electronic BS that is not needed