Back to shop, 4th time......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Back to shop, 5th time......

8650-miles

Back to the dealer for the 4th time today:

1. Transmission leaking
2. Transmission leaking worse after repair #1
3. Check engine light icon is on: Fault codes: P0300 and P030B. They said that they performed Phaser cleaning procedures (??????) and flashed the PCM with new software. It drove home OK
4. This morning it would not go into Drive or Park, after about 15-min of trying, finally went into gear. Error code P1B14 "Park by wire unintended park position". Dealer could not duplicate problem, cleared the code and said take her home and see what happens?????

Wife and I do not have faith in this damn thing now to venture from home:flame:

The saga continues

Last edited:

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I know the feeling. Before my first 800 miles I got a "water in fuel" message. Later the check engine light came. The dealer said I had bad fuel. They charged me $210 for a new filter and bleed the line.
After trip number 5, a mopar star case and every excuse they could use to blame me and my truck, Chrysler finally told them to change my fuel water sensor. They finally got it right before I hit 8, 500 miles.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
willee51

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Damn ,,,,,,, again,,,,

Yesterday, when I first got in the truck, I could not get it to go into gear!

If I put it into Drive or Reverse, the gear indicator would just "blink" :flame:

Yes, I depressed the brake pedal each time I tried to change gears!

After about 10-min, I finally got it into gear, and immediately, the check engine lite came on! Could not get to the dealer, yesterday, but noticed last night, the check engine lite is "no" longer burning :flame:

Guess I got the only 2013 6-cyl, auto ..... LEMON....built?

OP
OP
willee51

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Would not go into gear..........

Yesterday, when I first got in the truck, I could not get it to go into gear!

If I put it into Drive or Reverse, the gear indicator would just "blink" :flame:

Yes, I depressed the brake pedal each time I tried to change gears!

After about 10-min, I finally got it into gear, and immediately, the check engine lite came on! Could not get to the dealer, yesterday, but noticed last night, the check engine lite is "no" longer burning :flame:

Guess I got the only 2013 6-cyl, auto ..... LEMON....built?

-----------------------------
Up this morning to go to church, darn thing would not go into gear. Took about 18-min to finally get it into gear!

It was 25-deg, and when the truck reached normal operating temp, it went into gear :flame:

Check engine lite is on, so back to the Dealer tomorrow

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd take it back and tell them you want a rental until they get it sorted out. If you can't rely on your new truck, what's the sense in having it? I refuse to settle for service like that. I didn't spend the kind of money I did so I could have a truck that isn't reliable. Best of luck and I hope they figure it out.

OP
OP
willee51

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Again ..........

would not go into gear this morning! Check engine lite is burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was taken in to the dealer on a rollback!

Told them I wanted a rental, wanted them to keep it till they fixed it! Told them the NEXT time I was getting a Lemon Law lawyer!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What a load of crap. I hope they either get it fixed or you figure another way out of it.
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd just go to another dealer if they don't get it fixed this go round. I'm sure there's a dealer around there that will treat you right to get your future business. It's warranty work, so it shouldn't matter I wouldn't think.

OP
OP
willee51

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Got it back.....

..... after 5th repair!

Codes: p1514 and p1915 and they said the transmission was 1.5 qts low on fluid! Evidently after the 2nd repair, the dealer forgot to top off the fluid

The next repair, I getting a Lemon Law Lawyer

-------------------
Now 2-days after my 5th repair, the "clunk" sound when the tranny shifts into low gear at a stop lite, is getting louder!!!! Have no idea what the hell that is!
Guess I'll play the waiting game and see what happens!!

Last edited:

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an old thread, but I have the exact same issue.

1. Transmission leaking (cooler line)
2. Transmission leaking again (heater)
3. Since the 2nd repair I feel the transmission is not like before and after seeing this thread I ask them to check, but for them it's all good.
4. This morning (around 0 deg F) it would not go into gear, after about 15-min of idling trans temp was high enough to let me shift. Error code P1B14 "Park by wire unintended park position"

I'm pretty sure it's missing fluid...

What would be the best way to "force" them to check it since I have a feeling they will give me the usual "everything is fine sir" after they reset the code.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well no need to check the fluid, there was another leak (cooler) so they had to replace the radiator this time....

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always thought my ram would be my forever truck, but this is the second time I heard of transmission related issues after 80k miles