Battery life?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of battery life are people getting with the factory battery?? Had my Ram 21 months and it seems my battery is starting to die out. It seems weak when cranking up.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every new vehicle I've own had the same problem. I don't think the battery they put in new vehicles are cheap batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike mcg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After 36 months I'm still on original now that I'm commenting my ***** probably gonna die. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FMcDaniel

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Dealership said it would be covered under warranty, now they want me to bring it in and said it's will take 3 to 4 hours to test the system. With my work schedule I won't be able to make it there until 5pm and the service closes at 6pm and it's up to me to make arrangements to be picked up today and then dropped off tomorrow to pick it up. Asked about a loaner and they said only if I pay for it. I think if will bypass all there bs and just go get my own battery. Any recommendations???

Granite-1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That just sounds ridiculous and like way too much of a hassle to get a battery that is probably inferior to just about every other battery on the market. IMO you should just pick up whichever battery brand you prefer (Duralast, Optima etc) and forget about the dealer on this one

05christj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I just replaced the battery in my 2011, it took a **** after sitting for 3 weeks

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my trucks a 2010..and original battery still good no issues so far.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
The Dealership said it would be covered under warranty, now they want me to bring it in and said it's will take 3 to 4 hours to test the system. With my work schedule I won't be able to make it there until 5pm and the service closes at 6pm and it's up to me to make arrangements to be picked up today and then dropped off tomorrow to pick it up. Asked about a loaner and they said only if I pay for it. I think if will bypass all there bs and just go get my own battery. Any recommendations???

Do they have Saturday hours that would work for you?

As far as battery recommendations, just pick a known brand with a decent warranty. People will recommend their favorites and someone else will come buy saying it was crap for them.

OP
OP
FMcDaniel

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got home from work, I wasn't home 30 minutes and the wife and I got in the truck to go to the walking track and boom, the RAM is DEAD. I guess I will be taken off of work tomorrow and have my son bring me get a battery. Probably go with the Duralast from Autozone. Always had good luck with those.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
3 years is about avg depending on heat/cold climate.

Batteries here in Arizona start going in the 3rd or 4th year in the summer.

OP
OP
FMcDaniel

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$200.00 for a battery, WOW!! I think I will go sit in the dealership tomorrow and have it replaced for free since its under warranty, $200.00 can go a long way in toward the remodeling of my house. I will have my son help me jump start it and I will take it to the dealership. Not a good time for this.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't bother taking it to a dealership- Put a charge on the battery take it to ur auto parts store and have it tested. I suggest one of the Chargers from the link below. Had one on all of my previous vehicles including my bike. Toss em on every 6 months to top the battery off - Unplugg it and don't worry about. They work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...ry+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=41hVj8ZLyjL&ref=plSrch

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I traded my 2013 ram 1500 for a 2016 2500 and I never had any issues with my old truck. The new truck needed a replacement battery after driving a whopping 921 miles! It had a dead cell in it and it wouldn't start anymore! New battery I'm it and we'll see how long it lasts!