Dash dying/resetting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
Has anyone else had issues with the entire dash cluster dying/resetting itself while truck is in motion?

the truck will make a ding sound, all gauges go dead and dark, then it's like I just turned on the truck. I get the spinny ram thingie in the middle, like the dash just powercycled itself...while going down the road.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check for dash light RECALLS !
A couple weeks ago I read somewhere on this forum about a Recall about dash lights on 4th gen Rams 09& up and Jeep Cherokee , the Recall was not distributed yet and was expected to be distributed to the consumer in Jan. 014 ; however , your local dealer should be privy to the Recall...

I SHOT IT WITH MY P.S.E. EVO MAX !!!!

mjpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same problem start this week. Did it twice today. Have you figured anything out since you posted this?

Thanks!
Mike

LeatherNuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had a flickering in my gauges but the lcd screen stays lit, taking it to the dealer soon.

Clemzexp6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been waiting for someone else to have this problem, mines a 2013 cc sport and has probably done it about 10 times. Nothing else is affected but all he dash lights go out then reset. The 8.4 a radio is not affected. I called Chrysler 3 months ago and they had no previous issues but would make a note of and my dealer is aware. It doesn't happen that often but is def an issue.

jleach76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This happen to me awhile ago, I told my dealer about it and they told me to let them know if it did it again. Well of course it did do it again many times and when I took it in to the dealer they checked all the connections. Did not find any thing wrong. They ordered a new cluster and every thing is working great now. That was about 30,000 miles ago. Take it to your dealer and have them replace it.

KyRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
2013 Ram Dash Resetting

Yes, my truck is doing the same thing. I have taken it back to the dealership several times for this.
I left the shop today after having the console replaced under warranty. Apparently during assembly, the installer got in a hurry and pinched a wiring harness between the screw and the console thus flatting out the harness and breaking the plastic tab that holds it together.
I noticed it wasn't right because the plastic/rubber tray directly under the stereo/dash area wasn't fitting just right. I removed the tray and discovered the broken console.. Apparently this is NOT causing the dash to reset while in operation (According to the mechanic).
Onto why I am here!! After leaving the shop (Dodge Dealer) I drove about a mile down the road and the dash started the reset process, but when it came back on the throttle punched all the way to the floor causing me to lose control of the truck. I was able to turn the truck off and bring it to a stop in the middle of the road after almost hitting a guardrail.
I restarted the truck and returned it to the dealer. They plugged it in and noticed a ton of codes.
My best guess, there is a dead short or bad ground that is affecting the trucks computer. All the door locks except the drivers door are in-op as well now.
I left the truck there in hopes they can fix it.
Most of the issues started after the last recall update.
Hope any of this helps, if your truck is resetting while driving, i suggest you take it to the dealer asap. for your safety.
Contact me if you need any more info! Or for updates!
Kyle
:big_banana_Dance:

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to bring up an old thread, but my 2013 CC Express just went nuts. Getting on the on ramp of the interstate I hear a song, speedo (analog and digital) went to 0, service ABS came on, service air bags came on, no 4 wheel drive came on and the radio reset. Power steering was for **** as well. Called the dealer and they can't take it until Monday morning. Will a computer reset let me drive it for the weekend?

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE: I pulled the negative battery terminal to reset the codes so it could be driven this weekend. Took it into the service dept, and they said they can't do anything since I reset it, and to drive it until it happens again WTF????? Anyone know what the cause is?

Clemzexp6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look on ramforumz there is a tsb from Chrysler about it with a person to contact at Chrysler about it, I will be calling them soon as mine hasn't quit doing it and dealer can't replicate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemzexp6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My trucks in at the dealer now two days so far, it's been escalated to Chrysler as dash has continued to reset, hoping for a replacement gauge cluster soon if that's the problem, I'll keep this updated. It's at Roanoke motors in Roanoke Illinois.

Clemzexp6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chrysler gave the go ahead on replacing the gauge cluster and the dealer got it today and replaced it so we will see if the issue continues in the new one. Def push for a replacement if you are having the same issues.

RedViper94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 did it quite often, dealer put a new gauge cluster in and it hasn't acted up since. Was done a few months ago.FYI