Dash Instruments go blank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CPonyGo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First-newbie to the Ram-I have a 2013 5.7 Quad cab 4x4 20xxx miles. The dash lights all go blank for a few seconds as I am driving then pop back up! Just today it happened 3 times. When I talk to the service techs since its still under warranty all I get is a deer in the head light look! So I finally got it on video and will be going back soon. My warranty will be up by October so I am trying to get some issues fixed. tia Andy

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heard of some of the early premium clusters having issues similar to that. Just be happy it's under warranty. They will have to address it now that you got it on video. It helps alot in cases like this that we all have cameras and video recorders in our pockets at all times! Don't take no for an answer it's not normal and they should fix it.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the dimming control. If the contacts are dirty it could cause tat to happen.

Clemzexp6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did the same thing and I have a post on it, ram replaced my whole gauge cluster and it solved the problem. Call customer service and start a claim and you should get a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First-newbie to the Ram-I have a 2013 5.7 Quad cab 4x4 20xxx miles. The dash lights all go blank for a few seconds as I am driving then pop back up! Just today it happened 3 times. When I talk to the service techs since its still under warranty all I get is a deer in the head light look! So I finally got it on video and will be going back soon. My warranty will be up by October so I am trying to get some issues fixed. tia Andy
Welcome to the forum Sir , I believe this was a recall on certin 2013-2014 Rams & Jeep vehicles .

Maybe run your vin # on a chrysler recall site.

Good luck Sir.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Run your Vin # here .

http://recalls.mopar.com/