Died, just like that - help please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyGaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,
So this morning I got out to plow my driveway and about 10 min later, the instrument cluster, navi. and all interior lights went blank, than I saw ABS and Check engine light come on while cluster and everything else was off, radio etc... all off, WHILE the truck was still running!
So, I turned the truck off too thinking that might reset things but that was the end of the tour for it. (I've had the ins. cluster blank out once, restarted the truck and all was fine)...

Checked fuses (the fuse box next to battery) to my knowledge all seem to be fine except for those green larger square type fuses, I don't know how to check those and the relays I cant check, also checked the 2 main large fuses on the pos. battery terminal attached to the battery, those are fine too.

Headlights do come on but no lights inside the cabin at all, no radio, no instrument cluster, no ignition, nada. I even tried jump starting it thinking might be the battery but no go, battery seems to be fine, headlights are bright and strong.

I'm so mad right now, just bought this truck and this was my first storm with it, I was happy I can finally plow my own driveway. :flame:

I have a lightweight home plow type on.

Anyone heard of this issue, any idea what is going on?
Your help is much appreciated.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hate to hear your having an issue .
Try to disconnect the battery terminals & touch them together for about 10 seconds then leave them disconnected for 30 mins . This resets several modules within the truck , and sometimes will fix electical problems with the 2013+ Ram's .
Also as far as instrument clusters go there was a Recall on like 10,000 2013-2014 Rams on instrument cluster lighting ?

Sorry I can't help more ...