Drivetrain "Bump" feeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are experiencing the bump when stopping, what size bed do you have on your truck, 5.7 or 6.4?

Was reading about the same problem on the 150 forums and it seems to be mostly the 6.6 bed. It has a split drive shaft for the extra length and this seems to be the cause for the bump.

The Ram 6.4 bed also has a split drive shaft so just curious to see if there is a correlation between the two.

I highly doubt that is the problem ram has been making that configuration for years and there has been others with crew cabs with the same issue.

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Made the move..............

------------------

OK! I have a Crew Cab, so therefore, the short bed!

Truck seems to be running OK at present, but keep in mind its been in the shop 6-times in her 8-mo, with over 30-days, total, in the shop (17-days the last time alone).

Guess I got one of the few Lemons and will file a Lemon Law case with my Attorney in January (after the holiday rush).

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and safe motoring!
----------------
Dropped my paperwork off at my Lawyers office today, so we can proceed with a Lemon Law claim :grd:

Just be glad when this nightmare is over!

BBJ0227

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 5.7 that is "clunking" It happened after a pcm update at my first oil change. 8spd tranny. Smooth and perfect shifting before update. Dealer tried to find issue. After a day, they said bump was pcm and transmission module engaging/disengaging. Problem only occurred after update. Called FCA and troubleshooting to begin with a star case. When I stop and start off, at times I have a thump that feels similar to revving engine up while in N and then shifting into gear and it pops into gear.