ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL error message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rescuejew91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7 with 8 Speed
so I got my ram 2013 SLT with the 3.6L V6. its been great. except after going on a long trip or being in traffic for long periods of time I get the ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL error message. my truck will then start to Thrust forward if my foot is not firmly on the break. if its in part it just revs the engine. I just paid my dealer 150.00 $ to check and they drove it and had it running for about 6 hours two different days and did everything I could think of to simulate. its scary being in NYC and having your truck try and thrust forward in traffic. they have not been able to find anything. the service advisor told me its most likely my fault because I have a plug and play Dball2 auto start that gets its power from the OBD2. but the dball2 I got because its all plug and play and does not void the warrantee of the truck. from what I have been reading everyone with this error they have their truck go "limp" or have it thrust forward like me. I beg anyone please help.
-Tyler

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Normally I am against shotgun parts at something but you either got a throttle position sensor issue or wiring. Since it will not stay broke, I would at least put in a new throttle sensor if it was me. If a warranty item though, you are stuck probably paying that out of pocket as the dealership will probably not do anything until it stays broke.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you have a DTC? There's a number of things that could be causing it.