Fan belt squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone else have a fan belt squeak? Its driving me crazy! I replaced the fan belt but it is still there although it quietened it down!

I was thinking maybe it was a bearing on an idler pulley and that it would hopefully worsen (which then I could identify it) but it has stayed constant for 6 months now and I want to get rid of the awful squeaking!!!

Anyone else had this issue? I'm going to take a video of the squeak shortly to show you guys.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
if you have the old belt, take a look at it and see if there are any strange markings or chunks missing. could have a bad pully and that could cause it squeek even after the new belt.
then id go ahead and check every pully and try and find out which one is making it do it. could try spinning a couple and see if that finds the problem.

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a slight squeak which I assume is the belt when I first start my truck....just a couple hundred miles on her.....after a few minutes of running, the squeak goes away.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It might be a little loose try tightening it a bit or may have to get a new belt

[tapatalkin]

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i have used many different belts on my truck. searching for just the right size for my s/c setup. the only belts i can use are the gatorbacks by goodyear. they never squeak.seem to be a little more rubbery(is that a word) once they warm up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01