Fuel filter blues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lthib

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey follks i was trying to take the cap off thebfuel filter canister on my 2014 cummins and broke the nut off the cap. I ended up pulling the whole canister off of the engine does anyone have a suggestion for removing the cap

OP
OP
L

lthib

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well i took the whole canister out of my truck and brought it to my local dealer i bought a new cap and had them hack the old one off thank god they didnt destroy it. They removed the cap for free because they knew they changed it last and i told the service manager that they put it on too tight with no lube. When i put it back together i just went a little more than hand tight and put antisieze on the threads. It should be good to go no leaks so far

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Well i took the whole canister out of my truck and brought it to my local dealer i bought a new cap and had them hack the old one off thank god they didnt destroy it. They removed the cap for free because they knew they changed it last and i told the service manager that they put it on too tight with no lube. When i put it back together i just went a little more than hand tight and put antisieze on the threads. It should be good to go no leaks so far

Nice. But I would think they put it on with He-man strength they should have replaced the cap at no charge as well.