Got a recall letter today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Steering wheel harness. anyone familiar with it? said some 12-14 models may have chaffing in the wire and could cause the airbag to deploy.

BUY BACK!!!!!!!:roflsquared:

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine Thursday last week. Called a dealer and they don't have the parts for a couple of weeks, so nothing I can do now. I'm just gonna sit tight because if I was at the dealer, looking at the newer trucks (mine is 2012) I might walk out with a newer model...hahaha

**Sent from the *********

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This isn't one involved in buy back. It's only a cap to keep wires from chaffing.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got mine the end of last week. My dealer is out of the part also.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Steering wheel harness. anyone familiar with it? said some 12-14 models may have chaffing in the wire and could cause the airbag to deploy.

It is simply installation of some little rubber caps to cover the ends of the airbag mounting clips and a zip tie to tie the harness back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got this recall and the one about the over sensitive side curtain airbags sensors this past week. I was planning on calling the dealer tomorrow to see when to take the truck in.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I had the side curtain reprogram done and then a week later got the steering wheel chaffing one, called to book another appt and was told they won't have parts till FEBRUARY!

Normally I wouldn't care, but I can actually hear *something* chaffing in my column when I turn the wheel... is it the same issue? Dunno.. will the airbag blow up in my face? Dunno...

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called to make an appointment yesterday for the side curtain and steering column recalls. Service department is backed up because of recalls so cant get me in until November 9th for both. The side curtain is just a reprogram of the computer and as was already said, steering column is just the installation of two caps. Each is listed as a 30 minute install.

Anyone that wants a buyback because of such simple procedures for what is basically preventative maintenance issues must have ulterior motives, like buyers remorse because they didn't do due diligence before deciding to buy a Ram.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i have the same letter, dealer is currently waiting parts.... from readuing on here it sounds like you could fix it using some heat shrink tube on the metal tabs.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the same letter, dealer is currently waiting parts.... from readuing on here it sounds like you could fix it using some heat shrink tube on the metal tabs.

You might be able to, but it doesn't remove the vin from the recall nor would it appease the safety experts.
Which is odd because I had a part sent to me for my 95. It was a piece of plastic and zip ties that went around the steering shaft to - prevent chaffing!

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You might be able to, but it doesn't remove the vin from the recall nor would it appease the safety experts.
Which is odd because I had a part sent to me for my 95. It was a piece of plastic and zip ties that went around the steering shaft to - prevent chaffing!

He dealer could install the shrink tube. Lol

guzzel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Congrats; now go get it fixed for free.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wow, you guys have ****** dealerships. My truck was in getting a new motor. I stopped by told them I got R23, and R36. they did it that day, just so happened to be the same day they were finishing up the truck..

I would go to another dealership if I was getting a delay like that. It's a govt mandated recall for safety, they cant make you wait months to get it fixed. If they are that backed up they should give you a rental. I'm pretty sure there is some kind of law around this.

Red-R/T

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went in for oil & filter and they did the recall while I waited. Funny thing was when I called for an appointment they told me they had no parts.