Got a recall letter today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I found it easier to trade the 14 which has the recall and purchase a new 15 tehehehe

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe at least 1 recall does not require parts,,, Just a flash.

I'm bringing my 14 in next week. Not really worried about getting the recalls done, but might as well while I'm there I guess.

I have a bit of water/condensation in one headlight, and a 'clank' that seems to be coming from the rear suspension area.

The best way to describe the 'clank' is it sounds just like a ball mount rattling in the hitch receiver,,, Trouble is, my receiver is empty! LOL!!

I've fiddle farted around trying to find the 'clank',,, removed the spare, removed the tailgate, went over everything in the general area with a rubber mallet,,, no luck yet,,,

I'm very seldom OCD about anything,,, but squeaks and rattles kinda get under my skin,,,

They would like to have the truck a couple days,,, Doesn't matter to me much as we are working on getting me some transpo while the RAM is in the shop.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You guys get letters for the recalls? These letters actually exist?
I have had five recalls and or campaigns done to my truck in a little over a year and never received any notification from the clowns at Fiat what gives?
The only way I find out is here, on the owner connect website or when I bring the truck in because something else broke, or it needs service?

Are they not legally required to mail me notification???? But then again since when do they follow the law, look at how well they are adhering to the buyback agreement?

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
My buyback comment was a joke. I know something like this wouldn't warrant a buyback. Just called in today about it, they took my info and said they'd call me back. It's been 6 hrs... I posted this to see how many members here got the same thing. Seems like quit a few did.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys get letters for the recalls? These letters actually exist?

I have had five recalls and or campaigns done to my truck in a little over a year and never received any notification from the clowns at Fiat what gives?

The only way I find out is here, on the owner connect website or when I bring the truck in because something else broke, or it needs service?

Are they not legally required to mail me notification???? But then again since when do they follow the law, look at how well they are adhering to the buyback agreement?

Are you the original owner? Next time at the dealer, make sure the current owner info is correct in Chryslers system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At least you got a letter. Found out about air bag recall on Dodge Mopar app. Called recall hotline twice. Still waiting for letter. Called dealer for oil change appointment and they know nothing about this recall. WTF? This is a safety recall from NHTSA. Not a voluntary Dodge recall.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At least you got a letter. Found out about air bag recall on Dodge Mopar app. Called recall hotline twice. Still waiting for letter. Called dealer for oil change appointment and they know nothing about this recall. WTF? This is a safety recall from NHTSA. Not a voluntary Dodge recall.

I thought rear air bag and steering column recall were just for 2013 and 2014 model years??

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine today - I'm the second owner so my info is up to date.
My letter statesImageUploadedByTapatalk1444409669.189188.jpg 2012-14.
Are you confusing the steering column wires chaffing that could deploy air bag- with the side curtain air bags that deploy with to much force ?

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

They? Or the person you spoke too?

JJSFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wait...

More will be coming....
Random airbag explosions, loss of steering control, oh yea, it's not just a driving experience is an adventure.
Add to this I am hung up with the VW diesel mess too.
Does anyone make a quality vehicle anymore?

Attachments

• 1444505230940.jpg
    1444505230940.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 123

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the demand for "fresh" vehicles (at least in the U.S.) manufactures are rushing design and builds. Same for the popular cycles. It's become a 1-2 year ownership not 5-10. Maybe it's the leasing of new vehicles that helps spurs it.
I think some of the people are blowing these recalls up too.
Look at Toyotas past recalls that some people took advantage of and faked issues to the extent of hurting them selfs or others.
I can think of Jeep's having a few too. This isn't like GM's hiding a defective part with I believe 100's of deaths. I'm hopefully that these recalls will prevent injuries and death. But I think some of use hold companies to a higher standard than we should. Look at all the pickups abused (just look at will my 1500 tow it[emoji48]) and then owner wanting repairs done as warranty work.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine yesterday also, will be setting up an appointment on Monday. Dealership is about 45 minutes away.

Bigbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 1500 QC 8sp, 3.21, Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer did mine this week. Took about 30 minutes.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
still waiting for the return phone call.... guess i'll call back Monday

okmitch77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Made the appointment yesterday for the recall. Dropped off truck at 0800 this morning and picked it up after work. There were 32 vehicles in front of me all for recall work. Surprised they got to it actually.

Jdperry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I feel bad for all you guys that dealers are giving you the run around. I went into my dealer unannounced with all 4 recall notices and they had me in and out within a few hours!

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I had to wait about 2 1/2 weeks to get an appointment to get 3 recalls done, they had the truck all day.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Got mine done last Monday. I thought it was just for a wiring harness but they replaced an air bag too....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963