GPS Must Be Joking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fantomII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
During a recent 7900 mile trip from California to Maine and up to Canada and back to the states and across the northern states, I was glad I had my Rand McNally GPS for RV travelers. The on board GPS in my 2014 RAM Diesel 4x4 tried to send us truly out into the boonies when I used it to locate a specific address of some of the campgrounds we stayed at. Our worst experience sent us to a one lane gravel road that dead ended two miles later. It took a lot of maneuvering to get our truck and travel trailer turned around. I used my RV GPS after that. I will buy the GPS update, but will probably never trust the unit to give accurate information. After two more false excursions with both GPS's having the same data inputs. I could not believe how far off the pickups GPS could be.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have used a few that were really weird. really the only GPS i've never had any issues with is Garmin so they are by far my preferred brand. hell i have one that's like 6 years old and has never once been updated and still works fine but gets really confused in areas that have had heavy construction over the last few years.

had a TomTom and honestly even my phone is more reliable then it and i absolutely hate the GPS on my phone

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I can concur with the fact that the OEM Mopar nav system has some flaws. The nav in my 07, even with the update disc still takes me to BFE before I get to my location. I carry an Atlas travel map at all times so I never have to worry about it and get a new one every year so I'm always up to date.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
During a recent 7900 mile trip from California to Maine and up to Canada and back to the states and across the northern states, I was glad I had my Rand McNally GPS for RV travelers. The on board GPS in my 2014 RAM Diesel 4x4 tried to send us truly out into the boonies when I used it to locate a specific address of some of the campgrounds we stayed at. Our worst experience sent us to a one lane gravel road that dead ended two miles later. It took a lot of maneuvering to get our truck and travel trailer turned around. I used my RV GPS after that. I will buy the GPS update, but will probably never trust the unit to give accurate information. After two more false excursions with both GPS's having the same data inputs. I could not believe how far off the pickups GPS could be.

I had major issue with my NAV while in SoCal (Palmdale) once I left in 2014 no more problems, I think is has to do with the way you enter the address in the GPS, a couple of times it tried to get me to drive down thing I would refer to as goat path.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
my ******** system (can I say that) could not find Mackinaw Michigan from Shelby Montana. Duh you stay on the 2 easy right. Nope mine sent me down the wrong side of Lake Michigan.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because it's an island!