Growling noise in front end 2009 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram_37d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 cummins
I have a 2009 1500. A noise started gradually in the front end. It has got worse as of late. Sounds like a bearing going down in the right front. When I am driving I swerve to the right the noise stops driving straight the noise exists. Or turn left it still there. Sounds like a wheel hub assembly. I replaced the wheel hub assembly and the cv shaft just to cover my basics. Taking the cv shaft off turned out to be a big deal.... To take the cv shaft off the output shaft of the housing, I took the outer seal off and pulled the 4 wheel drive short lock up shaft out with it. That bearing the outer bearing on the housing,The race was spinning in the housing and the bearing was rough I replaced both. Peaned the housing installed a new race and bearing."the new bearing was tight after install" After putting it all back together confident I found the problem. Took the truck for a test drive and the noise still exists from the right front. I'm at wits end. Any idea from anyone help would be appreciated... Thanks

ktedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you replace both front wheel bearings. I had the same thing on two vehicles within a few months, and it was the driver side hub in both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ram_37d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 cummins
I just replaced the right front hub assembly. Would it be possible the left front is bad. In my mind I could be wrong. But when swerving to the right it takes pressure off the right adds pressure to the left and no noise. If the left were bad adding more pressure in my mind would make it worse....... But opposite swerve to the left, noise
and a harder sounding noise. Really the only thing I havnt replaced is the left front hub assembly and the cv shaft and possibly whatever bearing is at the housing on the left side.