Help from the 4th Gen guys for 3rd Gen truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
This is a post I have in the 3rd Gen section that has not gotten any responses. Can one or some of you 4th Gen guys that used to have a 3rd Gen truck help me with this question please? Here is the post. I need to get this truck fixed. Thanks in advance. I have checked all the fuses and found nothing blown.

"I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 5.7 Hemi with 166,000 miles on it. The other day when it got cold out it would not start. Just turned over. I thought it was just bc it was cold maybe. Later on when it warmed up I tried it again and no luck either. It will just try and start the one time and die off immediately. I pulled the codes with my superchips tuner and got one for P127E "fuel pump control circuit 2 open". It ran fine the night before when I drove it. I am assuming that this code probably means the fuel pump is bad? Or wiring issue to the fuel pump? I am down south and the closest Dodge dealer is about 40-50 miles away, so I would like to try and narrow it down a little before having the truck towed 50 miles to get it fixed. Anyone had their pump go bad and show this same code or was it a wiring/fuse issue? I haven't had a chance to check fuses etc yet, since I am working."

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I would check the connections first on the fuel pump and make sure there are no loose wires before buying a new pump...

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
will do thanks

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check continuity since it says circuit open. Def start with fuses then connections before towing.
The code reading like that it'd lead me to try all connections first before a pump. Sounds like one of those things there's no definite answer until you get some time to get under it.
Sucks...good luck with it.

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I appreciate it. Thanks.

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
It was the fuel pump. Replaced and running like a champ now.