Help! P018C Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So as the title says my truck threw a P018C code yesterday morning. As far as trouble shooting goes, Friday evening I installed a Carven exhaust and went over the wires under the truck and nothing was obvious. When doing the exhaust I removed the muffler to the rear and then reinstalled with the new muffler and same pipes back. I looked into the code a bit and saw that it was common to be a fuel pressure sensor. I bought the sensor at the dealer and replaced it this morning. No change. I understand that some codes need the car to be driven for it to clear but with my scanner, it would not clear at all. Also what is weird to me is that if I start the car with the sensor unplugged, there is no code on my dash but if I scan with the OBD reader, I do still see the code. Has anyone experienced this or know what can be done? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks in advance all!!!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's strange, I would start by looking at the wires real good and see if they alright. And check your connections at the plug also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does the truck run ok? P018C can also be caused by a faulty fuel pump. Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins just to ensure it's not your scan tool that's having trouble erasing the dtc.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just to follow-up... I sometimes notice that these types of help request threads dont end in fruition... I bought Mopar PN 68268053AB.1 from my local dealer (Side note: it was $47 and change at one dealer and $52 and change at a dealer roughly 25/30 miles away from that one, both pre-tax at that price) I replaced it and saw that the code was still there. Unplugged it and the code went away but when I scanned with my OBD reader (bluetooth adapter from amazon <$20 bucks and I highly recommend it, I pair it with the torque app on my phone) and the code was still there. Let the car sit over night with starting it a few times ~4/5 before driving it this morning and the code is gone. Scanned again to see if it was stored in the memory but no codes came up. I hope this helps someone in the future.

**To remove the part, the clip closest to the front of the truck (red in color) Unclips then pushes down, the other clip, I used an Oring Seal Removal tool but only because the fuel line disconnect tool I had was plastic and didnt work well. But I do reccomend getting the metal style fuel line disconnect tool to remove this. I believe the size is 3/8

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice all! I will follow up again if anything changes. See post above for the resolution so far.