Homelink button programing!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Anyone know how to program these damn things? Me and King can't figure them out. Ive tried every instruction possible! AHHHHHHH!

I reset the homlink by holding both outside buttons for 20 secs.

Then Ive pressed the Homelink button no. 1 and the garage door opener fob button till it said "Trained". Also tried holding the homelink button no. 1 for 5 seconds before pressing the garage opener fob button.

Then I hit the training button on my Genie Garage Door opener, so the training light flashed. Went into my truck and hit button 1 on the homelink for 2 seconds and released it.

I did this approx 3+ times. Hitting the homelink button 1, 2, and 3 times and it still doesnt recognize it. Am I doing something wrong?

WTF?

:shooter::Grenade::killer: :greenchainsaw: :Jedi: :biggun: :suicide:

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok go outside and clear all the buttons. Then hit the button you want programed and hit the button on the garage door remote at the same time and hold them down for a few seconds. Then go hit the button on the garage door opener itself (the training button) and then go hit that same button you want programed in the truck two or three times and hold it for a couple seconds each time and it should be all set. Thats how it works in our 09 and both our Lexus's

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Exactly what Ive tried at least 15 times. Tried tons of variations too. Says it will work with my garage door opener. Tried the truck running/off, doors opened/closed. (sigh)

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
It seems like when I hit the training button on the garage door motor, and hit the homelink button, it doesn't recognize it. Cause the training light never changes speeds. Just keep blinking twice a second, till it goes off.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just keep trying different variations until it works lol

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Got this from another site...
STANDARD PROCEDURE - SETTING TRANSMITTER CODES
Turn off the engine. Erase the codes by pressing the two outside buttons. Release the buttons when the display confirms the operation (about 20 seconds). Choose one of the three buttons to train. Place the hand-held transmitter within one inch of the universal transmitter and push the buttons on both transmitters. Release both buttons. Your universal transmitter is now trained. To train the other buttons, repeat Step 3 and Step 4. Be sure to keep your hand-held transmitter in case you need to retrain the universal transmitter.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yeah that's always the first thing I do. But it still doesn't open the garage door. It says the homlink button is trained, but still nothing. So then it tells you to try it with the garage motor train button. Still nothing.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have to program it first with the handheld garage door opener and then you press the traning button on the garage door and hit the button in the truck. It has to be programed using both the remote and the training button. Its not one or the other.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
hmm weird thats what I did with mine. I didnt do anything with the opener its self. Basicly the homelink is copying the signal that the remote you program from. I used the one in my fathers car to train mine. I think you only have to hit the button on the door opener if you have a new remote to the opener.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i am having the same problem on my tahoe, i gave up and told chrissy she would have to deal with the opener

Ramit9990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same problem here, said it was trained, no dice. I to gave up.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its not that hard yall. Do both of these steps and it will work.

[yt]3JC3DWluQ6U[/yt]

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried step two on this video? I can not get mine trained either and I've tried everything the book says in many combination's as others have.....

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easiest way is to hold the transmitter button until the command center (between gauges) says "learning", it is almost longer than 20 secs I think, next press the button on the opener and hold it until the learning is compleat. It will say this in the command center. If it dosnt work with the garage remote use the operator learn. Older operators need to do that. Newer ones can learn remote.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easiest way is to hold the transmitter button until the command center (between gauges) says "learning", it is almost longer than 20 secs I think, next press the button on the opener and hold it until the learning is compleat. It will say this in the command center. If it dosnt work with the garage remote use the operator learn. Older operators need to do that. Newer ones can learn remote.

Thank you for the reply, that's the methods I've tried and every variation I can think of but nothing works.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with you Tony, I can't get mine to work either. Have to try again at it when I get back from this deployment. Maybe it's the garage opener that can't learn it?

The funny thing is my estranged wife was able to program bother her Magnum and now her Challenger with no issues. We did have to push the learn button on the opener but other than that it worked just fine. I am going to try and call homelink this weekend.

Stay safe on your deployment!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
i had a pro do my front gate and my garage door / my girlfriend lol