Homelink button programing!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
it was funny i was out there for like 45 mins yelling and cussing at it she comes out and is like OMG really you know how to push the buttons but you have no clue what they do (yes a ****** pun) lol ripped it out of my hand and 2 mins later was working. So the next day i was changing the oil on her car she came out i handed her the filter and wrench and she just stood there i was like ys thats what i thought once you get my tools in your hand you have no clue LOL

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I decided to give it another shot and do what someone here said, to do both methods. First I cleared the channels, then I trained it with the remote, then I pushed the button learn button on the opener itself went in and pushed the homelink button once for two seconds released pushed it again and whala!!! it frickend work :roflsquared:

I don't remember whom suggested that and I'm too lazy to go back and look but thanks, you other guys whom are having problems try it!

llmorris75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
TRUJPIANO - did you ever get your garage door working? I'm having similar problems.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'm still deployed, so I haven't been able to mess with it. But the wife has tried a couple more times, and still nothing. Have to wait till I get back to mess with it.

llmorris75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Homelink with Genie

I struggled for a long time to program the opener buttons with no success. Finally read the Genie 2020 Chain drive opener book again. Found where the connection needs to be done with the hand held device set at 390 MHz instead of 315 MHZ. There is a small switch on the remote that you move down (looking at it with "genie" facing up in the normal reading position) to make it 390 MHz. This change allowed me to program the button; switched back to 315 MHz when done. Hope that helps someone.

cbogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
if you cant change the mhz this is what i did .. first heres the specs 2011 ram and genie 1022....
1: i pressed and held the two out side homelink buttons untill cleared.
2: i pressed and held the number one button on the home link and pressed and held the open button untill programming was complete.
3: i pressed the number one home link button to open door and nothing.. :(
4: i pressed the learn button on the opener its self untill blinking light.
5: i pressed the number one home link button and blam
6: i danced like a morron in my driveway!!!! (it worked)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Really? Mine programmed very easy on the first try just by holding the two buttons till it said programmed on the Evic

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Allstar

SuperBeaner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i had a pro do my front gate and my garage door / my girlfriend lol

Wait, you had a pro do your gates AND your girl? What did you have her programmed to do? And how did she link to your Homelink? I demand answers, sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD