Homelink not working in heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysooner9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 & 2000
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Anytime my truck has sat outside in the sun and gotten hot my homelink will not open my garage doors. Works fine every time as long as it hasnt been in the sun. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

lloydrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anytime my truck has sat outside in the sun and gotten hot my homelink will not open my garage doors. Works fine every time as long as it hasnt been in the sun. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

Yes I have the exact issue.

Works great in the mornings or at night but if its during day and its hot out I cant get mine to work. I have to press it multiple times before it finally works.

I wonder why that is.

Higshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Haven't really factored in the heat so to say. But my home link is definitly termpermental. My father in laws as well. I'll have to pay more attention to conditions. Thx

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Do any of you also have flakey Compass Heading readouts?

(Compass module is built into the HomeLink module)

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

lloydrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do any of you also have flakey Compass Heading readouts?

(Compass module is built into the HomeLink module)

Not directions Im traveling no. Also I did a test run. I tried closing the door with the truck sitting in sun all day. The door would not budge.

Then I left the truck run with full ac for about 10 minutes. Nice and cool in cab and boom it closed first time I pushed the button.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Not directions Im traveling no. Also I did a test run. I tried closing the door with the truck sitting in sun all day. The door would not budge.

Then I left the truck run with full ac for about 10 minutes. Nice and cool in cab and boom it closed first time I pushed the button.
?? Might be lost in translation maybe?

lloydrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
?? Might be lost in translation maybe?

Not sure what you mean.

Let me try to rephrase

I did a test run to see if homelink would work in heat. I tried closing the door with the truck sitting in sun all day. The door would not budge. So I didnt move the truck but I only turning the air conditioning on full setting and let it sit there for 10 minutes. Cab got quiet cool.

I then tested the homelink button again and boom it closed first time I pushed the button.

So therefore there is a direct correlation between the temp of the cab and the homelink working.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Not sure what you mean.

Let me try to rephrase

I did a test run to see if homelink would work in heat. I tried closing the door with the truck sitting in sun all day. The door would not budge. So I didnt move the truck but I only turning the air conditioning on full setting and let it sit there for 10 minutes. Cab got quiet cool.

I then tested the homelink button again and boom it closed first time I pushed the button.

So therefore there is a direct correlation between the temp of the cab and the homelink working.
Do me a favor just for giggles. verify it doesn't work in the heat. Don't run the a/c, leave it hot...
Then cycle the key to Off and back to Run. Does it work now?

(I have a similar issue with my compass module that uses the same plug/power as the HomeLink module. My failure is repeatable this way)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is the same as above. If it is blazing hot out, and the truck has been sitting in it for a long time, the homelink doesn't work. I've tried cycling the key, etc and nothing. Cool the interior down and it works fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye