humming and vibrating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10RAM1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 flex fuel
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 with the 4.7L flex fuel. Recently I have noticed that as I am driving once I get to about 30 mph, I can start to hear a hum coming from under the driver side floorboard. As I increase speed, the hum gets louder and then the truck starts to vibrate. I cant hear it from outside of the truck but definitely on the inside. I think it may be the cv axles but before I replace them, I would like to know if any knowledgeable people would have any advice.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 with the 4.7L flex fuel. Recently I have noticed that as I am driving once I get to about 30 mph, I can start to hear a hum coming from under the driver side floorboard. As I increase speed, the hum gets louder and then the truck starts to vibrate. I cant hear it from outside of the truck but definitely on the inside. I think it may be the cv axles but before I replace them, I would like to know if any knowledgeable people would have any advice.

I'd recommend bringing it to the dealer for diagnosis. If you end up doing so and need assistance, feel free to reach out. - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Truckie707

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my ram has been at dealer for 2 weeks with same issue except vibrating didn't start till after 60 mph they don't know what it is all there doing know is throwing parts at it driveshafts, u-joints and next is the whole rear end

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
my ram has been at dealer for 2 weeks with same issue except vibrating didn't start till after 60 mph they don't know what it is all there doing know is throwing parts at it driveshafts, u-joints and next is the whole rear end

Has the vehicle been modified in any way? Is there a lift kit on the vehicle? - Kevin T, Social Connect Team