Instrument panel mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I was wondering if someone would buy another instrument cluster from a lower mileage truck, does the cluster automatically update it to your actual mileage? Or will the replacement cluster mileage stay. Just wondering because, I am still getting VHRs ( Uconnect access ended 3 months ago ) from FCA, and it knows the mileage on the truck.
I have no plans on trying to do this, but let's say, you don't have a warranty anymore and your dash cluster goes belly up, you replace it with a used one, how does the mileage thing work?

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replacement cluster stays the same .... I have a cluster that I plugged in to make sure worked.... has 5K more miles on it than my truck..... the wait til they match up is killing me lol

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
The mileage is usually stored on a chip on the circuit board. I've heard of some folks swapping chips if they are handy with a soldering iron and can identify which chip contains the mileage. I swapped the cluster in a car once, and was able to swap the entire circuit board. Of course that won't work if the old circuit board is fried.

legend2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a company out there that will verify and give you a clean bill of health while changing the mileage. try and Google it about years ago or so there was only one reputable company.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk