Intermittent Starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maximus007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Crew Cab
Engine
Big Horn
Started 2 weeks ago went to start truck with remote start and nothing so I hopped in a tried with key and nothing. Battery is a month old so I know that's good. So I let it sit for the night and the next morning went to start with remote start and it started right up no problem. Didn't happen again till yesterday when I got out of work went to start with key and nothing. So I just sat their for 15-20mins and tried again and it started right up. Anyone have any idea what this might be? Thanks

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the system have a starter relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

maximus007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Crew Cab
Engine
Big Horn
Not sure. Btw this is on a 2010

OP
OP
M

maximus007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Crew Cab
Engine
Big Horn
Cmon somebody has to know something, I cant be the only one with this problem.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory or aftermarket system?

OP
OP
M

maximus007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Crew Cab
Engine
Big Horn
Aftermarket...its been installed for 5yrs never had any issues up until now.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
I don't have remote start but sometimes mine doesn't want to start with the key either. I've diagnosed mine as the key switch crapping out. I've been able to get it to go every time by holding the key to start and if it doesn't start cranking I give the key a push/pull and it takes right off. Someday I'll get around to replacing it.....

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine does the same thing from time to time. Dodge couldn't figure it out after being in multiple times. Next time it happens put your truck in neutral and it'll start that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copperhead17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife is having that happen with her 2015 200, some times the car will not start but if you open the door then close it then the car will start. The car has remote start installed at the dealer, so I figured that it was something that they did. Have had it in for this couple times and have replaced some parts, still does it but has cut down on the number of times it happens.