Lifetime warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbooher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

just one place. there are others. this one is safe adn sells FCA factory plans.

big thing is get a Factory warranty. not third party.

Caveat is that when the repair cost more than the value of the truck, they can pay for the truck, instead of the repair.
so those who are thinking new motor at 300,000 miles and 22yrs old can think again.
They will buy your truck for average retail price adn call it good.

still best bet aroudn for those of us who tend to keep our vehicles.

again, always get teh OEM warranty. this site is agodo oen with very fair pricing. there are others but I do nto mess with them, this one is good enough.

EDIT:
Dealer is important. some do nto care about receipts, others are ****. keep yoru records adn receipts, in case there is any question, you are covered.
I have never had an issue with any OEM warranty nor asked for a receipt. Dealer gets only warranty work, never any normal maintenance work.

did you use this site? just curious how it works. my quote was $2650 for maxcare (3900 through fca). do they automatically register it so i can go to any dealer and it will be recognized? i'm assuming that's the case just wanting to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
did you use this site? just curious how it works. my quote was $2650 for maxcare (3900 through fca). do they automatically register it so i can go to any dealer and it will be recognized? i'm assuming that's the case just wanting to make sure.

I called Zieglers last week and that's what the guy on the phone told me. I'm thinking hard about getting the Lifetime maxcare for my 14 here soon if I decide to keep it.

OP
OP
Y

Yobuck139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got quoted same price. I talked yo my dealership and they said it's legit. As soon as I get a little bit of OT I am going to get it.

cbooher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i'm on the fence about getting it myself but i still have about a year and a half to decide

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You guys that are waiting - I thought there was a price jump after 1 year, 12K miles but this is a 3 year old memory so I could be wrong.

Also, you do get some benefits even before the factory warranty expires - like a guaranteed loaner or rental during warranty work.

OP
OP
Y

Yobuck139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the guy said 10% increase in April and after one year or 12k miles price goes up $150. . . I believe

cbooher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i'm already past the one year mark and by the quotes i've ran doesn't appear to go up any more after that

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get pricing off the net and have dealer match.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you on the fence about the maxcare, I can tell you it has already paid for itself in my mind.

We got a cold snap up here that had temps in the -40F range, and the hemi tick was VERY loud and was concerning. Didnt know if something else was wrong or the cold was making it worse, but having Maxcare I just took it in.
The dealer had to fly an engine tech up from Anchorage (it only like a 1.5hr flight or so) and they initially thought it was a lifter issue. So they took everything down, inspected all the lifters, checked the pistons to make sure they weren't damaged, checked all the timing and didnt find anything.
Then they had an exhaust tech come in and they removed the headers and essentially dismantled my entire exhaust system and did a comprehensive sweep of the whole thing.
I also had a rattling speaker in the rear that bugged me and asked them to check it out.

They actually found that not a single thing was wrong with it but said it was good that I brought it in. The bill was right around 4k for all the work they did and they had it for a few days or so, but with the maxcare i walked out paying $40 and that was because they dont cover wear items and cosmetic and they billed my speaker as cosmetic lol. Normally the deductible for all the work is $100 but the service writer was super nice and just zeroed it out.
I had the option to get a rental car through the maxcare but declined since I had a few days off work anyways and didnt need it, but it would have also been covered.

My experience may not be universal, but for the $2800 i payed for my 2013 5.7l already paid off because I was able to gain some peace of mind and get my whole system checked just to make sure it was fine.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
For those of you on the fence about the maxcare, I can tell you it has already paid for itself in my mind.

We got a cold snap up here that had temps in the -40F range, and the hemi tick was VERY loud and was concerning. Didnt know if something else was wrong or the cold was making it worse, but having Maxcare I just took it in.
The dealer had to fly an engine tech up from Anchorage (it only like a 1.5hr flight or so) and they initially thought it was a lifter issue. So they took everything down, inspected all the lifters, checked the pistons to make sure they weren't damaged, checked all the timing and didnt find anything.
Then they had an exhaust tech come in and they removed the headers and essentially dismantled my entire exhaust system and did a comprehensive sweep of the whole thing.
I also had a rattling speaker in the rear that bugged me and asked them to check it out.

They actually found that not a single thing was wrong with it but said it was good that I brought it in. The bill was right around 4k for all the work they did and they had it for a few days or so, but with the maxcare i walked out paying $40 and that was because they dont cover wear items and cosmetic and they billed my speaker as cosmetic lol. Normally the deductible for all the work is $100 but the service writer was super nice and just zeroed it out.
I had the option to get a rental car through the maxcare but declined since I had a few days off work anyways and didnt need it, but it would have also been covered.

My experience may not be universal, but for the $2800 i payed for my 2013 5.7l already paid off because I was able to gain some peace of mind and get my whole system checked just to make sure it was fine.

Wow you must have nice dealers in Alaska. My experience with Ram dealers is unless my truck is on fire or won't move it's operating just fine.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow you must have nice dealers in Alaska. My experience with Ram dealers is unless my truck is on fire or won't move it's operating just fine.

I see it as a win win for both parties. I get to pay very little for a huge ticket item, and they get to bill the warranty department a ****load for work done which im sure helps their bottom line. Im just happy im on the receiving end of the good side and very, very satisfied with my maxcare.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I Got one in FL. $3k ish. From mopar. My truck came with 4 free oil changes and 2 mote if I go back to where I bought it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also mine is transferable 1 time inFL only for 40 bucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mopar actually called me and asked if I wanted to upgrade my 7yr/100k warranty to a lifetime.... but for the $3k they wanted, I couldn't see the reasoning. I already paid for the 7/100, I wasn't about to pony up more $$ for the lifetime.....

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mopar actually called me and asked if I wanted to upgrade my 7yr/100k warranty to a lifetime.... but for the $3k they wanted, I couldn't see the reasoning. I already paid for the 7/100, I wasn't about to pony up more $$ for the lifetime.....

Are you sure this was actually Mopar and not some dirtbag dealer? $3000 on top of what you already paid for the 7/100 is just insulting. The Lifetime Maxcare should be around $2600. What you got offered is just ridiculous.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone actually used the lifetime warranty? What all does it cover? Is it a bumper to bumper, like the factory 3/36000?

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Are you sure this was actually Mopar and not some dirtbag dealer? $3000 on top of what you already paid for the 7/100 is just insulting. The Lifetime Maxcare should be around $2600. What you got offered is just ridiculous.

It was insulting, which is why I declined it. I think it was more expensive because I bought the truck as a used truck. It had 3400 miles on it.

mikaelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
The dealer I got my 2017 Laramie from include the fca lifetime drive-line warranty on all new purchases. It was one of the reasons I went with the dealership. The other was that their bottom line quote was a couple of grand better than the 4 other dealer in my area...

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has anyone actually used the lifetime warranty? What all does it cover? Is it a bumper to bumper, like the factory 3/36000?

Yep - that's my understanding. It covers everything except for wear items. So, no brakes, fluids, tires, belts but pretty much anything mechanical. I believe it's an "exclusionary" warranty. Meaning it is covered unless it's listed as NOT covered. The other type of warranty is where they give you the mile long list of what IS covered but masterfully weasel out because what failed isn't specifically mentioned in a certain way.

I got a hundred dollars or so use out of it when my thermostat went bad. At 52K miles I haven't had much chance. I'll likely have my truck for a long time and plan to get some use from it. They make a bunch of money from people thinking they will keep the truck forever and then trading in a couple years. It can be a good deal but you have to be in it for the long haul.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn