Lost throttle while driving. truck now wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
2010 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins deleted.
Ok yesterday I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden my throttle seemed to disappear. I could put it to the floor and no response. Pumped it a few times and then throttle came back and it drove like normal. drove about 50 yards and throttle cut out again, as i was pulling over the truck died. Tried to start again and it would crank over but then immediately die again. after several attempts it started and drove another 50 ft and died. This time when I started it black smoke ( looked like normal soot) was pouring out the exhaust and the idle was bairly up (like it bairly moved the needle) and the engine was running rough. it died again. Tried starting again and it started fine and i drove it home and then, it died again.
I got a code of P2299.
Long story short I replaced my throttle pedal assembly with new one from factory, disconnected my batteries and drained computer. hooked everything back up, did my Accelerator Pedal Possiton re learn but slowly pushing the throttle to the floor and slowly letting off it ( 0 to 100% and back to 0) and then tried starting the truck. It idled fine like nothing was wrong. I drove it around the block and came home and it was still idling. Decided to shut it off and try starting again, and now again... it will crank over but wont start. I have pulled the battery several times and have had it start and idle after i reconnect the battery

Now im getting 02E8 - P02E8 - Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit Low and 02E9 -P02E8 - Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit high.

Truck was deleted with my H&S tuner when this happened but since then I have removed it ( so im also throwing 6 codes that deal with emissions) but i have installed it and tried starting and its still doing same thing.

I cleaned my MAP sensor as well with soap and water and used a hair dryer to dry it completely before re installing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fW9qifK9r4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9pCDre-5Og