Lower glove box light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,newbie to the site and love all the info.
From doing a little bit of searching tonite and i think I found my answer(unless I missed it here somewhere..possible but I tried 1st before I'm asking here)to the lower glove box light on my 2010 1500 laramie crew cab 4x4 not being there.(bought used a couple weeks ago)
I understand you can get the upper light set-up for models that don't have a light up top to install(like an express)if there are wires there to plug into.
My questions are.....1)is there a light set-up that can purchased for the lower box?
2)can the same pigtail light set-up in the upper box(i have that)be spliced into with another same set-up and put in the lower?
3)is there a forum link to do this if I missed it?
Wife opened the box tonite and was pitch black and I thought..."well that's just stupid".it was late so I'll check in the morning if I have a bulb in there.
But for now I'm under the impression nothing is there and these were my initial thoughts on sumthing to do to get sum light in there.
I don't want to just Jerry rig something up to get some light ,kinda want the factory look.
Sorry for such a long post but the more you guys know the easier for an answer right?
Any help or thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.thanks.

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally found my answer from a previous posting....it was a newbie miss alright.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Well I finally found my answer from a previous posting....it was a newbie miss alright.
So what did you find ? Your answer may help someone else :)

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
So what was the answer to having a light in the Lower Glove Box ?
Factory option or have to make your own?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
On my 2015 there is a little knock out for access for the factory harness ! Buy a OEM Glove box light kit ! and it was plug and play. I also had factory wiring harness for the under hood light, BUT they stopped adding them later on . DO NOT know what years they stopped.
Open your glove box and lok to see if you have 2 knockouts. Front one for the light push button and side one for the light to come out !
Hope this helps a little