Magnaflow Catback problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got the Magnaflow Catback system from Moes yesterday. Thanks Matt!

I pulled off the stock exhaust in about 15 minutes then began to install the new. Only problem is that the pipes that should slide over the two muffler outs are too small. Has anyone run into this? Design flaw, or I just get a bad fitting batch? This has turned an hour project into a 24 hour beat down.

Any words of wisdom?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats strange! i never ran into that problem? is it just the same size as the muffler outs?

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a hair bigger. I actually got one over the out. But nowhere close to being all the way into the ''sleeve''. Thinking it may be rubber mallet time..

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well thats no good hahaha im guessing you tried throwing some type of spray on there and spinning and back and forth to get it on?

Jake2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine slid right on. I would check with them first before beating on it. Maybe you were sent the wrong part by mistake.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I used some slippery junk and twisted my A@# off. Thats how I got the one on. But again, I didnt get it to slip all the way on the sleeve. Just out of energy after struggling with it for a couple hours.

Im pretty positive its the right part. The pipes link up perfectly with the hangers and tips. As well as looking exactly like the pics in all the instructions, websites, and pics of other folks.

Im 50/50 on if I would be happy or sad if somehow it was a wrong part. Mad cause I have to wait. But happy cause I know the deal.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yupp. Its rubber mallet time..

To be continued...

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that sucks good luck...

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, a sawzall, dremel (with a few different attachments), rubber mallet, WD40, lithium grease, a S*&T ton of sweat, and a few hours. Done. That sucked. It actually wasn't the midpipes flanges being too small. The two outs on the muffler were too big. If they would have been the right size, the whole job woulda been about 20 minutes long. Oh well, where there is a will, there is a way. Its all good.

Btw, a big thanks to Matt from Moes Performance. Ultra customer service. Thanks!!

And from what I understand, this is an albatross for magnaflow. I guess I just got (un)lucky. Still super happy with the system in the end. I blacked out the tips. Looks killer. Sounds amazing. Perfect in the cab, and just enough growl to make me happy. And with the straight through design, there will be better flow resulting in a bit of hp gain.

Good times. :rockit:

Jake2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does sound nice, I'm glad I got mine.