Need BCM Codes- or Sales Codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hi, got a 2014 Sport RT- I purchased an Vented Heated front seat setup and rear heated seats. The install went well, got the dash module too, but my dealership is lacking on assistance to help me, so I turned here. Basically they don't know the right codes to put in the scanner tool to flash to update my stuff! I had just regular heated seats and wheel before, so those work fine now, they just put the old code back in, but the AC seats and rear heated seats don't work and I verified I have all the right harnesses and buttons - HELP !

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you pm me your vin, I can look up a list of option codes that are available to add to your truck. Not every factory installed option is available to add though. You can't just type in the code. The dealer has a list to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you pm me your vin, I can look up a list of option codes that are available to add to your truck. Not every factory installed option is available to add though. You can't just type in the code. The dealer has a list to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwheeler is correct. I tried to do exactly what you are tying to do. I messaged you in a previous post and you never responded. I thought you had an Express and I couldn't figure out how you even got the front heated seats to work. My neighbor is a mechanic at Dodge. I went with him to try to add the codes to my Express. When they plug into your truck and go to the add options screen it only allows them to add certain option codes that are available in the trim level you have.. I am not sure if an R/T was offered with those options but if it wasn't you can't add it. That is the way it was explained to me. On occasion Chrysler will release a code to a particular trim level. We are now able to add the LEB and LEC mirror blinker and puddle lamps sales codes to the Express when we couldn't before. In short if the code is not there they can't add it. There is a place called After Hours Mopar that has been able to add sales codes to BCM ' S but I believe you have to remove your BCM and mail it to them. I am not sure if they can do our years. There are a few threads on them in some of the forums. I just gave up I just don't care enough about it anymore to keep hitting dead ends and I don't feel comfortable mailing my BCM across the country if they could do it. I am hard wiring mine in. They won't use factory switches but they will look nice and they will work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, I sent Jwheeler my vin and he already hit me back and we are working on the options now. To catch you up, I got the whole package, heated vented front seats, console harness, rear heated seat switches and rear heated seats from a donor vehicle 2014 Ram 1500. I don't have the rear heated seat wiring I don't think, so I got a body harness and am trying to add the missing 3 wires per seat now and I am verifying that I indeed do have those codes installed for rear seats before I start cutting so at least those will turn on when done. I don't see them in the dash yet- the 8.4 - so that is what concerns me, I thought when codes were in, they showed up in the nav? I am hoping Jwheeler can help me with that. Today you can get an RT with what I am trying to do, but that is a 2015 - not sure if that was in 2014 :( Thank you for the info on after hours mopar, I will google them, but wait till I hear back from Jwheeler first before we get crazy like that. Thank you so much !!