Need help finding a fuse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was hooking up my dash cam on my 2017 sport. I don't have a trailer brake so I pulled down the plug for the trailer brake from under my dash. The one that is wrapped in foam. I used the plug with 4 wires connected to it to next to the trailer brake plug to wire in my dash cam. In the process I accidentally shorted it and blew a fuse. I can't find the fuse. I can't find a name for it or fuse number in my manual. Anyone know what fuse I blew?

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll track down a picture since I'm not with my truck right now I can't take a pic of it.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a photo of what I'm talking about. There is the big connector and small connector. They were tucked up in the dash above the gas pedal and wrapped in foam. The one I blew is the small 4 prong connector. Don't know what it would be under in the fuse diagram in the manual. Anyone with a name or the actual fuse number will earn the award of favorite member of the forums. 9286730e4a9522313dd56fe422d91cc4.jpg

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm not at work right now so I can't look up the service information, but I would just grab a test light and check all the fuses under the hood. It'll only take a minute.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not at work right now so I can't look up the service information, but I would just grab a test light and check all the fuses under the hood. It'll only take a minute.

I found it literally an hour ago. It was F11

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a photo of what I'm talking about. There is the big connector and small connector. They were tucked up in the dash above the gas pedal and wrapped in foam. The one I blew is the small 4 prong connector. Don't know what it would be under in the fuse diagram in the manual. Anyone with a name or the actual fuse number will earn the award of favorite member of the forums. 9286730e4a9522313dd56fe422d91cc4.jpg

I want to hardwire my dash cam as well. So this 4 pin harness has constant 12V and a switched 12V on it?