need info on wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24poepoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hem 5.7
Does anyone know what the biggest black wire is in the harness under the driverside rear door seal. I was hooking up some lights and i tried to use it for a ground but the lights wouldnt work. I used the smaller one and it worked. When i took the quick splice off of the bigger one i notice that it had cut about half of the wire. Everything seems to be working correctly on my truck. It is a 13 qc express 5.7.

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh that would make me sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Get a test light and see if it's "hot". Did it just cut the insulation? I've had wires in the past that the insulation had a nick in it and I used my heat gun to heat it up a bit so I could stretch it down over the other half.

OP
OP

24poepoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hem 5.7
Its not hot. But it woudnt work for a ground that is what has me stumped . It cut thru the insulation and thru a good bit of silver wire then there is a layer that almost looks like dried up silicone not sure if there is more wire inside that or now. I wish i would have taken pictures before i put it all back together.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My guess is satellite radio antenna wire running to radio

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My guess is satellite radio antenna wire running to radio

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Wow I was just about to say the same thing , I believe it's a coax wire either XM radio or GPS ,but if there's only one then I'd say XM .