OEM Lighting Type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtLip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brand New here. Is there something somewhere I can look to see exactly what the OEM lights are LED/HID/???

I am a previous Subaru owner and knew out the box everything was bottom line bulbs, no LEDs, no HIDs nothing. So the swap to LED was easy.

I know the box light is LED as it is on the window sticker as such. I was reading a couple of posts and am confused whether I have HIDs, projectors, H11's or what.

Just wondering if there is a web site of document that came with the truck that identifies the type of bulb the truck came standard with?

Also I haven't seen too many references to Diode Dynamics. I found them to be one of the best LED light companies around. Maybe not the cheapest but the quality is top shelf and great warranty. The best of all is their Customer Service. I have never dealt with a better company. They were a Forum Sponsor on the previous Forum I was on and used them for my Subaru conversions.

Attachments

• IMG_5825.jpg
    IMG_5825.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 96

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Depending on what you're truck came with, the rear lights and front signal lights may already be LED.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It looks like a sport so the tails are LED and yes the front signal is also a LED strip. The lows/highs are halogen. At this point LED replacement headlight kits aren't quite producing the output of HID's. I have seen a couple of people replace the projector with a LED projector housing but have never seen output or follow ups for how they perform. They seem to be the only LED option that could come close to HID's. I've looked at a couple of those projectors and have thought about trying it but most are $500+. Kinda a expensive experiment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SgtLip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. Good info here. Yes it is the Sport with the Stinger Package.

I wanted the LEDs and from what you say it sounds like they are. Appreciate the information.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As mentioned, your front turn signals and the rear brake/turn/parking are LED. Everything else, including the reverse light portion of the taillights, are incandescent. If you have the bed lighting or footwell lights they are also LED.