OEM Parkview backup camera not working - Seeking diagnostic troubleshooting steps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSTAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello

I have a 2010 2500 and the OEM Parkvew backup camera does not work.

When I put the truck in reverse, the message "Check Entire Surroundings" is displayed on the screen, but no video/image.

If someone can post the diagnostic steps from a service manual, or send me via email, I would appreciate it.

IMG_1210_zpsrd2yeqdo.jpg

Thanks
Jason

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hmm. When my 2014 camera isn't connected it gives me a blue screen. The black screen makes me think it's connected but not getting any signal. I'm not sure how to check the function of the camera. Is your warranty expired?

OP
OP
J

JSTAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm. When my 2014 camera isn't connected it gives me a blue screen. The black screen makes me think it's connected but not getting any signal. I'm not sure how to check the function of the camera. Is your warranty expired?

Yeah warranty expired.

I just disconnected my camera and the screen remains black.

OP
OP
J

JSTAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found the problem.

One of the pins in the connector for the camera had corroded.

HOTRODRO72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does not work at all. I installed OEM camera and pig tail on a 2013 RAM 1500, took it to the dealership to get it programmed and they said that it doesn't work and would need to leave it for diagnostic and repair ($$$$) Haven't been back yet. I am getting the check surroundings message and a blue screen. Any thoughts how to get it to work?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does not work at all. I installed OEM camera and pig tail on a 2013 RAM 1500, took it to the dealership to get it programmed and they said that it doesn't work and would need to leave it for diagnostic and repair ($$$$) Haven't been back yet. I am getting the check surroundings message and a blue screen. Any thoughts how to get it to work?

Did you install the camera and the pig tail and leave out the rest of the wiring that goes to the radio?

HOTRODRO72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wiring is already there... at least I think it is!? I see a bundle of wires going from the tailgate to the cab. Aren't those already hooked up at the other end? Where can I find a wiring diagram for this circuit?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the camera doesn't work, the existing wiring doesn't go all the way to the other end. Just install the rest of the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get the black screen on & off on my 2016 Ram Sport, & when I shut the truck off & restart it, the camera is back to normal.

I'm hoping FCA resolves this issue before my warranty expires.