P0585 Code and Neutral light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So, the Gremlin in my system continues. yesterday on the way home, i happened to glance down as I was exiting off the interstate and noticed the Neutral light on below my 4x4 switch. it was red. I grabbed my phone and ran a quick code scan and came up with P0585-Powertrain. a Search shows

P0585 - Vehicle speed idle control and aux inputs ISO/SAE Controlled
Description - Cruise Control Multi Function Input A/B Correlation

Any one ever get this code? during the time the neutral light was on, 4wd would not work. Restarting the truck at the next stop light resolved the issue.

anyone ever get this one?

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks. very odd. the cruise control was functioning properly at the time. on a side note, the 4wd knob didnt work and would not go into auto or lock. I tried this because ive had a few instances of the trucking dinging and the serv 4wd light come on then go off. then it just dinging by itself.

and i never had a CEL

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So, this morning when I go tin my truck after remote start and the 4low was flashing. Switch was in 2 high. when I rotated it to 4high, it flashed 4 high. Restarted the truck and it went away but red light on the neutral switch was back on and 4wd would not work. drove for a bit and rebooted the truck again and it was happy for the rest of the morning. I will crawl under the truck and unplug and replug every connector on the 4wd system and give them a bit of dielectric grease.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Afer 3 days of straight rain I had had enough of my little gremlin in the 4wd. it would show 4low when I started it sometimes with he selector in 2high. neutral light on. at one time it dinged at me like the seatbelt was not used and flashed the serv4wd light on and of sporadically. BUT, when the light was off, moving the switch to 4auto caused the ding to stop and it went into 4 auto. so long as the switch was in that position I had NO issues.

so this leads me to believe that the selector and indicator circuit at the transfer case was getting water in it. Last night I unplugged the main plug and coated the insides with dielectric grease. Lets hope that helps out there. the only other possible weak spot I can identify is where the wires go into the gearbox motor and sensor area. there is a rubber boot there but I believe the entire entrance is sealed with that black electric silicone type stuff.

anyways, its dry here so no issues prevailing at this time.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Update this..first rain and I dindt avhe any oddball light issues. I think the grease may have solved my issue.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It looks like gremlins is back. I may have to replace the sensor and motor module

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk