P0750 shift solenoid. New part, still stuck in 4th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
The mechanic working on my truck says that the ecu will need to be programmed while the ecu is installed in the truck.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Well mine popped 3 codes, went to dealer, couldn't get me a appt for 2+ weeks, they pulled codes just because I asked, but I knew what codes it threw since I have a obd2 bluetooth adaptor. So 3 days later all codes cleared, 3 days later threw a shift code again but didn't get stuck in 4 and went off next day. Finally got to the dealer for the appt, but, nothing they could do since codes reset. Now, about 3 weeks later I was sitting at stop light, dry day(no rain) started to pull away from light and felt a clunk in tranny, stuck in 4 again but no cel light. Stopped, restarted truck, was normal again. Week later, on freeway, noticed truck felt odd, wouldn't let me manually shift, no cel, then after a few minutes was normal again. I only have around 45 days until 5 year power train warranty expires, any suggestions, should I call Ram customer service? Dealer says, without current cel on, there's not much they can do.

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I would say drive it until it pops a code when it gets stuck in 4th. At least the code will be stored for them to see.

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
For my truck,did you scan with an obdll scanner? No codes? If I had a warranty I would call customer care etc. Unfortunately for me I bought mine used, and it came with no warranty with 67,***.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I just read you said magic word, voltage spikes! When my truck shows over 15 volts on scanner, is when my truck goes into limp mode or sets off shift cel light. So sounds like we have common issue. Let me know when you have the new pcm in, very curious because I am sure that is what is wrong with both of our trucks. Sucks after all the work you did, to end up finding out it could have been a simple pcm fix, feel for you bro. Trying to deal with Ram with my power train warranty has been a joke, phone rep says they can diagnose it, then they put my through to Ram service dept and they tell me, they can't do much without cel light on. Phone rep told me I would have to pay out of pocket for diagnostic, then if it is a warranty issue, I could contact them for reimbursement? That sounds stupid, if I got a diagnostic and it was a warranty claim, then why wouldn't Ram cover that at same time, ridiculous. Probably would be cheaper for me to pay $190 online for a pcm pre programmed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Ill keep you posted when I get the truck back. For me it wasn't worth throwing a few hundred dollars with the refurb'd PCM as I here it doesn't work 100% for some guys.