P0750 shift solenoid. Stuck in 4th gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have a 2011 4.7 5 speed. Truck has a PO750 shift solenoid fault, stuck in 4th gear limp mode. Anyway, I have the solenoid, filters on order, should be here by Thursday. Looks simple enough to do, but how do you unlatch the solenoid plug connector? So far I slid the red locking tab down, released the locking latch and pushed it down. How hard do you need to pull the plug to get it to unplug from the solenoid? Is there another tab or something that needs to be released? Anyone have any insight, I'll gladly take it.

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Also anyone knows if you need to wipe all the oil off the valve body before mounting the new solenoid, or can you just mount the solenoid on the valve body, oil and all?

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Figured out how to take the plug off.
Press the tab in, on the top middle of the plug.
Than Slide the red locking tab down.
Next pull the gray latch down.
I used a pry bar to gently pry the bottom of the plug at the same time pushing the gray latch down. The plug seemed to come apart easier that way.