Passenger front caliper sticking ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the rotor show any signs of discoloration like blue areas on it from getting hot. The rotor with the tire off will not spin as freely as the driver's side with the tire on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the rotor show any signs of discoloration like blue areas on it from getting hot. The rotor with the tire off will not spin as freely as the driver's side with the tire on.

Didnt notice any discoloration. Just more brake dust that wheel.

The second video has it with wheel on and third last video is driver side with wheel on.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Usually when a caliper starts locking up you will see like you said excessive brake dust,discoloration on the rotor. And I had one I thought was locking up and replaced it and then found out it wasn't the caliper but the rubber flex line had collapsed on the inside and would let the brake fluid go down to the caliper but not come back out due to the line closing up and didn't have enough force to go back through the line.