possible electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
on my 09 1500 slt my computer display in the dash between the tach and speedo will flicker every now and then. if the headlights are on and it happens, the headlights will flicker with it at the same time.

is this normal? i was thinking maybe its the computer just resetting or something, but why would the headlights do it to?

it gets kinda annoying so if anyone else has this problem, please post. or if anyone knows whats going on and has a fix, please share!

thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i have not experienced this.

Eshaw08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have this issue with mine. Mine has went a little further that the backlighting in that little screen wont cut off. So i did a battery check and was low. As soon as i hooked up a charger it cut off. but i still have the flickering

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wonder what could be doing this. its really starting to get on my nerves now that ive noticed it. anyone know how long the original batteries are good for? i dont think mine has ever been changed so i suppose that could be whats doing it, but doubtful

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Car batteries can require replacement as soon as 2 or 3 years depending. Have you had the battery tested yet?

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no i havent yet. a service guy at a dodge dealer said it was the headlight switch... i dont see how thats the problem...

Eshaw08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no i havent yet. a service guy at a dodge dealer said it was the headlight switch... i dont see how thats the problem...

im thinking it is. Ill get a wiring diagram and test my switch to see if its powering when its not soposed to power. it may take a few days to post back

Eshaw08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up finding a issue with the voltage that the battery was holding. The battery was low cause the truck to go to fail safe mode. Basical it says Hey I Have A Problem Take Me To The Dealer. I had the battery charged up and refreshed and havent had a issue. my truck may sit 1-2 weeks at a time with out being drove because i work at a paper mill and dont wantg the stink and grit and grim inside. So my battery was getting weak. He told me if it does it again that he will put a new battery in it.