Rolling ALL Windows down and then UP??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimdeforge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex Fuel
Does anyone know how to re-program the Key FOB and or the on-board computer so I can roll all of the windows (Quad Cab) down and also back up using the Key FOB?

ADDCJ

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
do you have a aftermarket alarm? because not sure if that can be done with the stock unit. if aftermarket the installer should be able to program it, if the alarm is capable, from my experience a aux button was required to do that.
hell I had a car with hydraulics that when I locked it it dropped to the ground and when I unlocked it, it would pop up to ride height. so I think windows would be easy.

OP
OP
J

jimdeforge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex Fuel
I don't have one, yet, but I was hoping that the Stock one would do it. (that's what I thought the outcome would end up being)

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
im almost positve it can be done without reprogramming the fob. i think if you hold the unlock button for about 3 seconds the windows will go down and the lock will go back up.

found this off the ramtrucks.com site:

Express Window Feature

To remotely lower both front door windows at the same time, press and release the UNLOCK button and then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button until the windows lower to the level desired or until they lower completely.

Last edited:

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im almost positve it can be done without reprogramming the fob. i think if you hold the unlock button for about 3 seconds the windows will go down and the lock will go back up.

found this off the ramtrucks.com site:

Express Window Feature

To remotely lower both front door windows at the same time, press and release the UNLOCK button and then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button until the windows lower to the level desired or until they lower completely.

He wants to roll all the windows down. All of the 4th gen rams with key less entry can roll down the front two windows.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
He wants to roll all the windows down. All of the 4th gen rams with key less entry can roll down the front two windows.

yeah I know, but it's a start.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yes they can go down from the factory but they cant be put back up with the fob in case there is something or someone that could get the windows shut on (fingers, dogs head, you name it)
1500ram12 your windows should go down with the fob incase you didn't know they do

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I forgot all about that feature. Haven't had the need to use it yet. too cold

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm... I've had my truck for a year and I never knew that. I love this place, thanks! lol Too bad you can't raise them remotely, would be **** when it starts raining when you've left them open.

OP
OP
J

jimdeforge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex Fuel
Hmmm... I've had my truck for a year and I never knew that. I love this place, thanks! lol Too bad you can't raise them remotely, would be **** when it starts raining when you've left them open.

That is EXACTLY why I would like to be able to do it!!!

OP
OP
J

jimdeforge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex Fuel
Aftermarket Security System here I come...... (when the money is there anyway) hehe

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you have a aftermarket alarm? because not sure if that can be done with the stock unit. if aftermarket the installer should be able to program it, if the alarm is capable, from my experience a aux button was required to do that.
hell I had a car with hydraulics that when I locked it it dropped to the ground and when I unlocked it, it would pop up to ride height. so I think windows would be easy.

That sounds like inspector gadget or something

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The wifes 2008 avenger does that too...jot up, just down, all 4 I believe however

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***