Rolling ALL Windows down and then UP??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell yeah - it works on mine THANJS! Wish it would make em go back up too...

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ I agree... and I read the owner manual. Glad I stumbled upon this thread...

Dale_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doesn't work on my new 2012. I wonder why they eliminated it. Maybe people complained about the windows going down by mistake from the fob button being depressed in the pants pocket unknowingly.

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see why eliminating the auto up feature due to liability issues but auto down would be nice-2012 model here

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm literally about to walk out in the black dark and try this!!

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I'm literally about to walk out in the black dark and try this!!

Good luck. They took it away in 2012 or so. I've heard that too many people accidentally rolled down their windows before storms hit (rain), and then tried to blame Chrysler for their mistake after their interiors were ruined. Thats not official from anyone, just what I've repeatedly heard and read, could be wrong.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I never understood why you would want to do this... UP I could see, because you for to to put them up... but down??

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I never understood why you would want to do this... UP I could see, because you for to to put them up... but down??

It lets heat out. In combination with auto starting the A.C., or even by itself, the truck will be significantly cooler from the time the signal can hit the truck to the time you walk up. I loved that feature, especially in MI where it was cool enough out to not need a.c. but let a sun baked vehicle air out. It's a shame people are dumb and sit on their fobs, or just didn't turn it off thru the EVIC.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Meh... I use my phone before I leave my office and by the time I get to my truck the AC is on as well as the AC seats if its hot out, if its cold the heat/heated steering wheel and seats come on <-- better feature :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
I have 13 outdoorsman with factory remote start. My windows do not open when I unlock and hold unlock button, lights stay on , that's it.

Oliver_Closov

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 w/6.4ft bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It lets heat out. In combination with auto starting the A.C., or even by itself, the truck will be significantly cooler from the time the signal can hit the truck to the time you walk up. I loved that feature, especially in MI where it was cool enough out to not need a.c. but let a sun baked vehicle air out. It's a shame people are dumb and sit on their fobs, or just didn't turn it off thru the EVIC.

^^^^ This!! 100+ degrees out with the interior baking, you'll want that heat to escape before you step into the truck.

Any word on a mod for us '13+ers?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Any word on a mod for us '13+ers?

The truck is capable of doing it, but it requires the option to be enabled in the BCM. Right now there aren't really many solutions for the average owner to do this in general, and I don't think any of them support the window feature.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I seriously wish this was an option. Why go only 2 when you can do all 4? Better yet, the back window and sunroof as well!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

hey man what's up? Haven't seen you on in a long time

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Life man, just life. Little divorce, and PCS'ing to McCord in WA in a year. Lots of changes. House is closing in about 25 days, then I'm grabbing a fifth wheel for the next 3 years. Help me recoup from all this crap lol.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Life man, just life. Little divorce, and PCS'ing to McCord in WA in a year. Lots of changes. House is closing in about 25 days, then I'm grabbing a fifth wheel for the next 3 years. Help me recoup from all this crap lol.

awe man sorry to hear that. went through divorce myself. Hope things get better.