Rolling ALL Windows down and then UP??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'm positive and it was definately for the better. Got a great little girlfriend, dogs doing great, and so is my son. All that matters. Hope all is well with ya man!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
good to hear man, and yea I can't complain New truck and new car

Attachments

• 2016 sig 5.jpg
    2016 sig 5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170803_195451.jpg
    20170803_195451.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 82

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thanks man

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Meh... I use my phone before I leave my office and by the time I get to my truck the AC is on as well as the AC seats if its hot out, if its cold the heat/heated steering wheel and seats come on <-- better feature :)

Cooling with remote start for 10 min. does absolutely nothing in south. The only way to get cabin habitable after sitting on sun and opening doors is, roll down at least front 2 windows, better all 4 windows and you still can't touch steering wheel for while.

I wanted to make this feature on my older 06 model and found me 12-24v operated boards having 4 relays with settable on/off delays and then i was gonna tap in driver door switches.
Chrysler managed to build this feature in and cancel it before i could upgrade to newer vehicle lol.

EDIT: which leads me to question if anybody knows if some flash code can reanable this feature for newer models...similar flash code like for DRLs

Last edited:

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right..they removed it sometime in end of 2012...I wonder if i could have it if i promise Chrysler i will not sit on my keyfob, Anyways for real now, i'm hoping this can be added via flash codes

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Right..they removed it sometime in end of 2012...I wonder if i could have it if i promise Chrysler i will not sit on my keyfob, Anyways for real now, i'm hoping this can be added via flash codes

It can be, but the dealer can’t do it. As far as I know, I’m the only one who has done it.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Cooling with remote start for 10 min. does absolutely nothing in south. The only way to get cabin habitable after sitting on sun and opening doors is, roll down at least front 2 windows, better all 4 windows and you still can't touch steering wheel for while.

I wanted to make this feature on my older 06 model and found me 12-24v operated boards having 4 relays with settable on/off delays and then i was gonna tap in driver door switches.
Chrysler managed to build this feature in and cancel it before i could upgrade to newer vehicle lol.

EDIT: which leads me to question if anybody knows if some flash code can reanable this feature for newer models...similar flash code like for DRLs

Ahhh I see, here in the south where i live we tint our side windows and put sunshades on the windshield so after a mere 5 minutes it is cool enough to get going. You must be further south

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It can be, but the dealer can’t do it. As far as I know, I’m the only one who has done it.

AFAIK, this mod can be done using an OBDLink MX Scan module and AlfaOBD app, under the "Front Windows with Fob" setting. Do a search for the AlfaOBD thread, first post has a link to working codes.

Keaton Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine doesn’t roll down and I held for over 10 seconds. Could something be wrong like a fuse?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Mine doesn’t roll down and I held for over 10 seconds. Could something be wrong like a fuse?

Well since you have a 2012 it may have the feature of "global down". To activate it you press the unlock button TWICE. Press it once, release, and then quickly re-press and hold the unlock button down. If your windows still do not go down then you need the function enabled in the bcm as sparky853 mentions in his post above yours.