Service Electronic Brake Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantomfan35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck has 600 miles on it. Two times in the last 2 days, I've received a warning indicator in the cluster stating, "Auto-park disabled, service Electronic Brake". I called and made a dealer appointment, and the service tech stated the warning most likely is linked to my electronic trailer brake controller (have yet to tow anything). Anyone else have a similar issue and if so, what was the fix? Thanks.

-Dan
2017 Laramie 1500 Crew 4x2 Hemi

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had something like that happen and it ended up my brake switch at the brake pedal was broken.

OP
OP
phantomfan35

phantomfan35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had something like that happen and it ended up my brake switch at the brake pedal was broken.

Thanks for the response. Hoping mine will be an easy fix. Doesn't seem to affect normal driving, but others have said they cannot use cruise control while the warning is active. I will have to check that myself.

-Dan

OP
OP
phantomfan35

phantomfan35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE:

Tonight while out of town visiting family, my check engine light activated. My original service appointment is still a ways off (Oct 2 was the earliest they could get me in), so I found a dealership local to my family's home.

It was late in the day and all the techs had gone home, but the service manager hooked my truck up to a scanner and determined both warning indicators were related to an ABS module malfunction. They recommended me not drive the truck until a tech can look at it tomorrow. They put me in a rental for now and said it may be as simple as a software update (nothing else feels out of ordinary with how the truck drives).

A little disappointed that this has happened with only 900 miles in the clock, but that's what we have warranties for.

-Dan

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some vehicles just have a bug or two to get worked out. As long as they are taking care of you (sounds like they are), I'd be happy

OP
OP
phantomfan35

phantomfan35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some vehicles just have a bug or two to get worked out. As long as they are taking care of you (sounds like they are), I'd be happy

I feel the same, the dealership was great. We shall see what they say tomorrow.

-Dan

OP
OP
phantomfan35

phantomfan35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE:

Dropped off truck yesterday morning. Found out late yesterday that they were able to repair the harness (one pin would not connect). They requested to keep it overnight so they could properly check it on a test drive today. I picked up the truck today and everything is back to normal. [emoji41]

-Dan