Sooooo, "What would happen"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Just a wild thought, what would happen if the harness to the front differential engagement solenoid was disconnected. Reason and thought, when backing or tight turns on grades with the 5'er attached, would be nice to have the lower gearing. As it is now, 4 low of course engages the front diff and tight turns on a hard surface is prohibited. Would the low gearing engage if the front diff. didn't engage? Anyone ever try this?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No it wouldn't, disconnecting the front axle disconnect is going to set a code and it will disable the 4wd. That's if you have the electronic 4x4 switch.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a wild thought, what would happen if the harness to the front differential engagement solenoid was disconnected. Reason and thought, when backing or tight turns on grades with the 5'er attached, would be nice to have the lower gearing. As it is now, 4 low of course engages the front diff and tight turns on a hard surface is prohibited. Would the low gearing engage if the front diff. didn't engage? Anyone ever try this?

My buddy did this to his 95 full size blazer. Worked like a charm, he called it the burn out switch lol. But this was also a 95. My guess is it won't work with an electric switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye