Spark plug change question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just changed the 8 plugs on the passenger side with NGK copper plugs and was wondering if 1 of the plugs happened to be defective or not properly seated, would the engine response be significantly noticeable or not? Given there are 16 plugs, just wondering how one defective plug would manifest itself in engine response. And, how would you go about locating the one defective plug? Oh, and hello...this is my first post and love this forum. Started off with a 2012 1500 big horn in April 2012, sold it for a 13 VW GTi in 8/12 ( great car), then bought my current 2011 Laramie 1500 after selling the VW. Love the truck and will be holding onto this one....at least that's what the wife tells me. Thanks

ZCR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi A8 3.92
The additional plugs were added primarily to help with emissions (NOx). The fact that there is no longer a single point of ignition centralized in the chamber; if one fails, an imbalance of force there will be within the chamber, and at higher RPM's the fuel may not burn completely during the power stroke. This will likely show up as an emission code. I haven't researched if there is a misfire/ignition code for one plug if the coil and other plug are firing.

Ram bo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that ting gots a hemi!
this suckers got 16 plug?! wtf? I thought it was bad enough when my old 200SX 4banger had 8 in the NAPS-Z engine. woulda thought the engine cleaner than that

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
this suckers got 16 plug?! wtf? I thought it was bad enough when my old 200SX 4banger had 8 in the NAPS-Z engine. woulda thought the engine cleaner than that

Yup. Just changed mine yesterday. Took off the front wheels and liners to get better access. Took about 2.5 hrs

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01