Squealing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnyv87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I first start my truck it makes a squealing noise. Only when it's cold out. It last just a couple minutes. Also when I turn the wheel all the way at first. It is a 2012 ram 1500. Anyone have this problem or know what it is?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
It's funny you should mention that. Just had mine in the shop for the same thing. Mine sounded like a bad belt, or a pulley bearing. It ended up being the belt. The Dodge garage told me that just recently, Dodge had redesigned the belt due to a lot of complaints about squealing. Good luck my friend.
God Bless the United States of America.

SgtK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's funny you should mention that. Just had mine in the shop for the same thing. Mine sounded like a bad belt, or a pulley bearing. It ended up being the belt. The Dodge garage told me that just recently, Dodge had redesigned the belt due to a lot of complaints about squealing. Good luck my friend.
God Bless the United States of America.

Any idea of the new belt part number?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
This is the number that was on the belt. Not to confident in it being the part number, but it's all I have. You could probably call your local Dodge dealer and ask them for the new number.

059 1 12082013