Tech Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tech Help Please (power window/mirror problem)

:Stupid Me: I'm on my third Dodge Ram but the electronics on my 2011 2500 are a bit much for me. My dad borrowed my truck but left the windows open a bit and an overnight storm did a number on the electronics. The whole console lit up, headlights and wipers ran and couldn't be turned off and turn signals wouldn't work. Front power windows and mirrors wouldn't work, rear actually did?? I took the entire steering column apart as well as every wire to the left and bottom of the steering wheel. Dried all connections and sprayed with electronic cleaner and the console was normal. Replaced driver master power window switch and both front driver and passenger door control modules. These were all corroded green on several spots of each circuit board and cleaning them didn't work much. Presently, the driver power mirror always works, the driver power window works about 70% of the time, the passenger front power mirror and window don't work at all, but you can always open and close both rear power windows all the time?? I have an Autel MaxiElite scanner which gives me the following error codes:U0203 Lost Communication with Door Module Front Left and error code:B259954 Door Module Front Right Missing Calibration... Any insight as to what I should try next? I traced and tested four plugs that go to the control module and they are 1) plug that feeds DC power and control to front passenger door control module 2) plug that connects module to the passenger power window and door lock switch 3) plug that connects module to passenger power mirror 4) plug that connects module to passenger power window motor. There is power feeding the module and all the way to the power window plug, yet the window doesn't work. I'm not sure where to trace this problem anymore, any ideas??

Last edited:

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Prolly shorted out the bcm. Get a bcm and hook it up and see what it does

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Prolly shorted out the bcm. Get a bcm and hook it up and see what it does

Truck doesn't have a BCM.

If you have an active code for lost communication with driver front door module, I would be checking powers/grounds/bus wires to that module and if everything is good, likely the door module is fried.

The missing calibration code just means the auto up/down hasn't been calibrated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye