Traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stew4169

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I understand how to turn off traction control. It does not turn off 100%. I want to turn it all the way off so I can let loose and have fun. Any tips???

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it automatically turns back on when you start your truck. I think the only way you can turn it off completely is with a tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
So I understand how to turn off traction control. It does not turn off 100%. I want to turn it all the way off so I can let loose and have fun. Any tips???

The F26 fuse is the only one to use for disabling ABS & ESC.
Here's my findings and suggestions.

F26 (30 amp - Antilock Brakes - Stability Control Module - Valves) is the fuse to pull.
Wire in a 30amp fuse from F26 socket to a NC (normally closed) 30amp relay.
Wire in a dash on/off switch to control the relay. *
You know when it is off because the EVIC dislpays "Service ESC" and "Service ABS" (no engine MIL light like F76 fuse)

* I used a remote controlled wireless switch to controll the relay and link it to a HomeLink (garage door) button.
This saves the trouble of pulling wires into the cab and installing a switch.

F76 fuse (10 amp - Antilock Brakes - Electronic Stability Control) - DO NOT PULL!
DO NOT USE - EVIC displays "Service ESC" and yellow engine (MIL) light (no "Service ABS" like F26 fuse).

ability-control-disconnect-wire-diagram-wireless-1.jpg

91244t-stability-control-disconnect-wire-diagram-1.jpg

Here's the remote wireless switch I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068D0OBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

vwboomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was sorely disappointed when we got our first snow yesterday and traction control can't truly be shut off with the button.

The Fun Police have hosed us in yet another way :flipthebird:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Google this:

NOESP

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads