trailer brake warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my itb keeps coming up with a trailer brake wiring unplugged,check connection warning.i've tried pulling the plug and replugging it back in but it wont shut off.i'm not pulling a trailer,just plugging the camper into it. it's a camper,not a travel trailer.it comes on when i hit the brakes.how cam i fix this?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Need more info,

1. Are you plugging into the 4 or 7 pin plug?
2. Does the camper or whatever you are plugging in have brakes?
3. Have you checked the camper or whatever that the lights are all working as they should, does this camper have a charging cicuit?
4. Havre you cleaned and or inspected the wiring on this camper especially the ground(s)?

OP
OP
bcbouy

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
campers don't have wheels,so no brakes(see op).it's plugged into the 7 pin.it just started doing it,the campers been on since may.it only does it when its raining.the plug is well greased with dielectric grease.it does it even with the camper unplugged.i just had the pos in the shop cuz it wasn't charging the camper batteries,i assume they checked all the wiring.