Transmission/4x4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fingerinthedam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my '09 1500 4x4 with about 111k miles on it so I'm not sure if it was doing what it's doing prior to me owning it or not. Anyway..I've noticed that when shifting into drive, there's a noticeable bump or jerk when I go past neutral (console shifter). Also, my job entails driving Offroad from time to time. If I'm in a situation that I have to gas on it, there's vibration from the left front that I can feel in the gas pedal. This is while in 2 wheel drive.

I've checked the left front drive shaft to see if its hot, thinking it might be a cv joint going out and after extended driving, it's fine (if that counts for anything). There's no side to side play in the wheel, no rattling etc.

Any ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
When is the last time the transmission was serviced? Does the thud sound like it's coming from inside the transmission? Check the linkage make sure it's clean. The vibration can you only feel it in the gas pedal or can you feel it in the steering wheel? I'm not a 100% sure if it applies to 09 but these trucks have had issues with the torque converter. The vibration that comes from it generally is felt through the gas pedal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel